6.12.2008

Turn that frown upside down!


As you may recall, I was a bit P.O.ed yesterday. I had a pretty hard time letting it go, so I decided to try to do something positive.


Sooo, today I made some calls to some people in my life who I have been neglecting and I followed through on some favors I've owed.


Having someone break a promise to me was a wake up call. It hurts when people say they're going to do something and then they don't follow through.


I also received an apology phone call from the woman who did me wrong. Some people advised me to let her have it and tell her off. I chose not too. In the long run I have to see this person at least a few times a week, why create a battle? I don't really trust her anymore, but I'm not going to go for her throat.


I wonder if she knows how close she came to feeling the sharp thud of a rock on her cranium? Lucky for her I'm such a mature, level headed person-damn I love myself.


14 comments:

scargosun said...

How long have you been friends? Is it something that can be solved over time? I am glad that you found a way to turn it into positives for others you care about.

The 5 Bickies said...

Well done! Not easy but you were smart to take the high road. As you said, when it's someone you see all the time, best to keep in mind their true colors and put a smile on your face. Definitely not easy.

Anonymous said...

You did the right thing and you know it. It sucks being the grown up sometimes! But, in the long run... this is really the best way! She doesn't realize it right now, but that whirring she heard yesterday was all of us throwing rocks past her!

Unknown said...

So many of my bloggy friends have been acting SO grown up lately! What good role models for me to look up too. :)

Katie Ryan said...

You sound like you're feeling better. I hope the rest of your week is much better!

Bridget said...

You made the MUCH harder choice and did the right thing :)

sltbee69 said...

At least she had the forethought to apologize to you. If she hadn't, I don't think taking the high road would have been in order. I'm glad you did some things to make you feel better and that you are moving on.

Anonymous said...

Who did u call ????
:.)

Unknown said...

Glad you got the apology...and "giving it to her" would not have been a good thing...but imagining it is ok...

Belle said...

This cracked me up. Love it.

Good for you! I'm glad you're feeling better. That was the smart/right thing to do, especially if you have to see her so often. Have a great day!!!

Jaina said...

Good for you for being the better person. I'm glad you're feeling better.

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Being the better person will make you sleep better.

Being a bitch would have made for a funny post...

I'm torn...

Anonymous said...

Oh my - well good for you, being the bigger person and keeping your temper. At least now you know?

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Were we separated at birth? I struggle with this because I tell myself (that in their position) I would want to know if someone was upset with me... so maybe I should mention it to them (you know, see if they have a legit explanation...) but then I think if I'm really honest with myself, I maybe wouldn't want to be confronted???

Wouldn't it be nice if these situations didn't come about in the first place!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.