6.06.2008

Haiku Friday-Sad Little Machine

Haiku Friday


The days are longer
Temperature's a risin'
Lonely computer

How I neglect you!
You sit alone and untouched
The hours tick away...

So many late nights
In the deep freeze of winter
You sat on my lap

You entertained me
I lovingly tapped your keys
You knew my secrets

Now I've replaced you
With surf and suntan lotion
Family comes first

Be patient...and wait...
Labor Day will soon be here
And I will be back...


Footnote: This doesn't mean I won't be blogging, it just means that it's getting harder and harder to sit down at my computer now that the weather is so nice! I miss it.



6 comments:

GetSmartGal said...

Love this, I wish I were this creative!! More power to ya Sister go enjoy the great weather and get some of that vitamin D!

LunaNik said...

I hear ya. Every word.

Karen MEG said...

Summer's here and the time is right ... not necessarily for blogging. We know you won't be far!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. I'm so far behind on reading and writing that I feel like I'll never catch up. But you said it much better!

Pauline said...

Hey, I just found your blog at An Island Life and voted for you for Most Athletic for the Hoss Awards.
I am up for class clown. Let's do lunch.

Jaina said...

Sounds like it's going around. After all, gotta soak up that sunshine while it's here!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.