6.26.2008

Why I LOVE tennis!


In case you haven't been watching the news lately-I thought I'd remind you that Wimbledon started on Monday...if you haven't watched yet-TURN IT ON.

It's on ESPN2 and The Tennis Channel (check you local listings). Oh what fun it has been! The personalities, the upsets, the DRAMA! (The good kind-not USTA housewife stuff.)

So inspiring-and one of the reasons I absolutely love the game.

Footnote: On "Tennis Tuesday" I'm sharing some of my horror stories, but for the most part, tennis is one of the highlights of my life. (Seriously.) I have met so many great friends, I've gotten in much better shape and I can't imagine not playing! Obsessed, yes...but in a good way. As for the idiots I talk about in my stories, they just make life more interesting!


5 comments:

scargosun said...

I used to watch religiously but have fallen off. I don't even know the big names now.

Anonymous said...

For as much as I LOVE tennis, I haven't watched it at all this week! I'm in tennis bootcamp in the mornings all week long and I think between the hot, Florida sun and my tennis pro, someone is trying to kill this old broad! I come home, shower and crash on the couch. LOL

But I DO feel you on the love of tennis, I am soo grateful to my friend Carol who more or less forced me to join her team, after I had never ever touched a racquet or played a sport period in my life! I couldn't imagine NOT playing now! Although I'm sure my tennis pro wishes I would stop...then again, she is making tons of money off of me;) LOL

Anonymous said...

slowly typing with left hand only.... can you believe all the bigs that went home today???? Maria, Andy, James... I sad, didn't miss a minute though.

Jill said...

I love watching it. I flip it on when I get home from work and watch while I make dinner (and drink a gin + tonic).

Jaina said...

I've never watched tennis on tv really...only recently got into it myself. Haven't played in a while though, and now I have to wait another 4 weeks before any physical activity, but I love tennis. I'll have to try watching it sometime on tv. (or in person)

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.