6.09.2008

Pooh Hoo!




Today my daughter's third grade teacher sent home a newsletter with all the upcoming activities for the last two weeks of school.

At the end of the letter she put a quote...



"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together...there is something you
must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you
seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if
we're apart...I'll always be with you."

-Winnie the Pooh


I don't tend to get choked up very often. (It's amazing how Valium and vodka mellow me out! ) :) But this quote brought up alot of emotions for me.

First of all, I cannot believe how much my 8 year old has grown and matured in the past year. It hit home for me that before I know it she'll be a teenager. My five year old starts kindergarten in September and I will miss her terribly! She's ready and I know it's time.

As my girls grow up, I hope they remember those wise words from that cute little bear. That they are brave, strong and smart and that even though they are growing up, Mom is always with them and loves them more than words can say.


22 comments:

Katie Ryan said...

I know, it's bittersweet. As they grow and say goodbye to the old, the next stage moves right on in. And before you know it, you're engulfed in the new and all it entails. It helps make the transition easier, but I know it's hard to see that now.

Anonymous said...

Amen.

So hard seeing them grow up and grow more and more independent.

Bridget said...

It's a great quote! My kids' school has part of it painted huge on the front wall right when you walk in. I love it!

scargosun said...

That is wonderful! I am so glad she had a 3rd grade teacher that thought enough to write something like that. My Mom was a 3rd grade teacher (retired) and it reminds me of something she would have done.

Rachel said...

Damn you.
*sniffle, snarrffle, snort*

Yep. Amazing how a fat honey addicted bear can make you cry.

Unknown said...

I love that quote...always gives me goosebumps...it's just one of those quotes that encompass all the passion and love we have for someone...thanks for sharing.

MarĂ­a said...

That made me choke up too. :(

Belle said...

Sweet. My oldest is now 10yrs old. Unbelievable. I want him to grow into a strong, wonderful man, but part of me wants to sit down with him, hold him in my arms and read Winnie the Pooh, forever.

GetSmartGal said...

Wow great quote who knew Pooh could be so profound...well I guess that guy who wrote the Tao of Pooh did but surely he is the only one!

Seriously I love the quote can't wait to put it on my board-thank you!

The Mrs. said...

Choked me up too! Damn you pooh!

Jaina said...

What a wonderful quote! Thanks for sharing..even if I did have to run for the tissue.

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

bawling! Just bawling...

I miss my crazy kids like mad, right about now!!

Anonymous said...

Why can't I say something like that
Love
Eeyore

Anonymous said...

I think that is from the book "The Tao of Pooh" it is a very good book.smartmom

The 5 Bickies said...

so sweet! It's a tough time of year.

Pauline said...

My baby is turning one on Thursday and that's hard enough! I can't even imagine school starting or her becoming a teen! EEK!
As for Winnie? He's a smart bear.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. And I love your design. I was varsity in high school-2nd doubles. undefeated my senior year.
WOO HOO!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

what a GREAT quote!

Melissa said...

That's a sweet quote. Time really does fly! My youngest brother, the "baby" of the house, is graduating high school this weekend! I cannot believe it!

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

That damn bear always makes me tear up! I'll be thinking of you in September as my daughter starts Kindergarten, too.

Amy said...

That is AWESOME!! I'm definitely going to have to print that one off for my girls.

Anonymous said...

*SNIFF SNIFF* I thought I was over my 12 year old *graduating* elementary school last week...thanks a lot! Here come the tears again!

Oh who am I fooling, I just tucked them away, they were going to come out again sooner or later;)

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

Amen to the bittersweet-ness of growing up. Love the quote.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.