1.14.2010

The Trials and Tribulations of a Single Gal in the City...(continued)

Time to continue my story..

Okay, so here I am, surrounded by a group of people who have decided that the college frat party should continue well into their late twenties...

I am desperately trying to have a good time...but things keep going down hill.

Isn't it ironic that one of my worst dates ever occurred in New York's Hell's Kitchen?

Flashback to 1993...

As if my date wasn't already exciting enough, Greg and Brian, or as they so affectionately called each other "Jim" and "Bob" decided to have a contest to see who could shove more cake in his mouth. It was a real high point in the evening. "Best Friends Girlfriend" was the judge. She squealed with delight as the frosting bulged out of Brian's nose. They told me they usually compete with Hostess Snowballs, but this particular restaurant did not have these pink coconut covered mounds on their dessert cart. I must admit, Prince Charming did mind his manners most of the time. He always apologized after burping and seemed genuinely embarrassed when his friend asked me if I was a Jew.

Finally, the waiter arrived with the bill, just as the evening was getting really interesting!!! "Forty dollars a person!!" the table accountant screamed. I then turned and noticed my date looking at me with an expectant look on his face. It suddenly dawned on me how rude I was being! I actually expected the man who asked me on a date to celebrate his friends birthday to pay for my dinner!! I honestly don't know how my parents could have raised me with such an appalling lack of social skills. I forked over the forty bucks.

"Where do you want to go next?", my date graciously asked. Lucky for me, his buddy was kind enough to answer for me. "Back home,"he replied. FINALLY, we agree on something.

I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. My date from hell is finally drawing to a close...

OR IS IT?

Stay tuned for the stunning conclusion of "The Trials and Tribulations of a Single Gal in The City"...


7 comments:

Mama Wheaton said...

This post is making realize how glad I am not to be single anymore!

Anonymous said...

Somehow I missed part 1, so I am going back.

And you had to pay for your own meal?? What a gentleman!!

Formerly known as Frau said...

Please don't tell us you married him!

Jaina said...

Ick, sounds like something crazy out of a bad date movie.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure that there weren't hidden cameras around? That sounds like a set up for one of those dating shows from hell.

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Oh Lawwwwd!

Bossy Betty said...

YIKES! OK. Ready for another installment--I think.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.