1.19.2010

Self Motivated

I had high hopes for today. Today was going to be a day to get out and get things done.

When I woke up this morning and went into my 6 year old daughter's room, I realized that I was going to need to change my plans.

She was BURNING up.

Time to shift gears, and quickly.

I tucked the little one back into bed and I called my neighbor to drive my 10 year old to school.

And now, here I sit. Waiting patiently for my pediatricians office to open.

There goes my glamorous day. A day I was going to spend tooling around in the minivan, going to recycling, grocery shopping and registering my daughters for spring lacrosse.

Instead I get to stay home and care for my sick daughter. (That's the good part, I get to spend time with her.)

While she rests, I have to do the mature thing, and clean this damn house from top to bottom.

I'm so thankful we have a nice big house. Not so thankful for all the work it takes to keep it clean.

Quite frankly, I'm having a mid-life crisis.

I'm a cliche. A bored housewife.

*SIGH*

If any of you have suggestions on how I can make cleaning and organizing more enjoyable, I am open to any and all suggestions.

*ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT*

In the meantime, you know where you can find me...here, in suburban Jersey, with a mop in my hand and a SMILE on my face!!


14 comments:

Mama Wheaton said...

Really if by some miracle today you come up with how to make housework enjoyable please pass the information on! Sorry the little one is sick, I'm sure with you nursing her she'll be fine in no time.

LoveAndBooze said...

I always enjoy cleaning in my boxers while listening to music. What ever object is closest to me, I grab it during the chorus and pretend like I am being watched by millions, or maybe just the dust mites.

Good luck!

justme said...

sorry to hear you got a sick one. i woke up sick this am as well. and it is the PITS....i can't keep anything down, i ache. oh lordy. my kids are fine so of course i have to drive them back and forth to preschool which is super fun as i try to hold back my vomit.

Leelee said...

almost the same thing happened to me...only my 12 year old called from school for me to come get her...auto-reroute....she is laying in my bed...I am stuck here with stuff to clean and put away....I have to do the 15 minute thing...15 minutes of kitchen duty...15 minutes on the computer...back and forth...or I'd jump off the roof....

Anonymous said...

I don't usually ever think cleaning is enjoyable. I usually have to invite someone over so that I have a "reason" to clean. Then I get motivated enough to do a really good job.

Sorry your little one is sick, hope she gets well soon and no one else catches it.

Chris said...

I'm not sure if cleaning and organizing can actually be enjoyable. Bearable maybe? I like to find new music that's upbeat and blast it through the house. Not good to do with a sick kid at home though.

Find some music you can literally bop around the house listening to. I keep my blinds closed while cleaning so as not to frighten the neighbors.

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

You need to call me.

I will cheer you up immensely.

Easy!!!

Smooches! xo

Bossy Betty said...

I have your answer. Read the second half of this post:

http://bossybetty.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-fabulous-inventions.html

Hope your little one feels better soon!

SweetnSexyPeach said...

Sorry your little one is sick. I hope she gets better soon. The best way to make house work enjoyable? Daydreaming about one day having a maid to do such chores for you LMAO!

Tara R. said...

Sorry your daughter is sick, hope she is feeling better soon. Unfortunately, though, housework will always be tedious.

dave said...

Trust yourself. You have put yourself right where you belong. Then cleaning and organizing is more enjoyable because it applies to building the world that you want to live in. Smiles :)

The Mrs. said...

Cleaning is only tolerable with good music, throwing out old crap and organizing! I hate when plans change like that!

Bridget said...

Certainly doesn't make it more enjoyable... but I use a timer. Set it for a reasonable amount of time like say 15 minutes. Then when the timer beeps I am generally surprised how much I've accomplished in that time.

Hope you little one is feeling better! Her new haircut is adorable!

Constant Frivolity said...

I haven't implemented all of her ideas, but www.flylady.net has some great ways to get yourself and your home organized. You can also download her podcasts via Itunes free! I get a lot of motivation from her daily emails and "missions"

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.