6.08.2009

LOSER!!!

I lost another tennis match today. That makes all four of my singles matches this season. It was close, but I lost. And not because she was better than me. It's because I'm getting a loser complex and I didn't start going for it until well into the second set.

I'm a pathetic chicken.

Okay, I know, that's no way to think. Time to look on the bright side, yet again.

“What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise” -Oscar Wilde


“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” -Arnold Schwarzegegger


“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.” Anonymous


“Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.” - Mary Anne Radmacher


“Defeat is not the worst of failures. Not to have tried is the true failure.” - George E. Woodberry



I'm not going to lie. I'm really bummed, and I feel like I'm letting my team down.

My only saving grace is that I'm one of the only people on the team who agreed to play singles. Most people are afraid of singles, because it's hard, physically and emotionally. You're all alone out there and there is a ton of pressure. I'm not going to give up. Although I kind of want to.

Losing sucks.


9 comments:

The 5 Bickies said...

I'm 1 for 3 this season and, regardless of what we tell our children, winning is way more fun than losing!

I'm not scheduled to play for the next 2 weeks and I'm relieved. A sure sign that team tennis just might not be my thing.

Anonymous said...

yeah but if you didn't lose, you wouldn't learn and/or appreciate those wins when they come your way ;) you'll win soon enough! no worries! practice, practice, practice!

linda said...

Keep at it, victory will be all the more sweet!
Your fan from NY
-Linda

The wife said...

You got this! Chin up!

GypsiAdventure said...

losing does suck - we've lost everyone of our co-ed kickball games ... so to combat the problem we've taken to heckeling the other players and drinking more....at least we can still find entertainment in the sport! :)

Sorry your losing - but on the bright side, you've got no where to go but up! :) hehe
~K

Tara R. said...

You'll break the streak. Keep going, you're a winner for just playing.

kate said...

test

kate said...

Jill,

You are not a pathetic chicken nor do you have a loser complex. You just don't know how to win yet.

Don't settle for playing a good match. Go on the court thinking "I can beat you and what's worse for you is you know it and you know I know you know it."

Be warmed up before the match and play the first to last point to win.

You've come a long way with your game and worked hard. Now just refuse to lose, have a tude and you will win.

Love,
You know who

Jaina said...

You'll get em next time. Don't give up!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.