4.12.2009

What's In A Name?

I am a person who bores easily, so it shocks me that I've kept my blog design for as long as I did. As much as I love it, I wanted to play around with it so badly!! But I resisted. Same goes with my blog name. Caffeine Court. I'm sick of it.

My husband is in the advertising field and he has continually discouraged me from making too many changes to the design. Since the coffee cup and tennis ball are my "brand" it would probably be dumb to change it. Considering all the money I make off my advertisers, I didn't want to mess with a good thing. (Yeah right.)

So, I kept the name, and the basic look of the blog. But that didn't stop me from compiling a list of alternative titles, just in case my A.D.H.D. kicks in and I can't control myself.

Here are a few of my ideas:

"Facebook and Twitter Obsessed Slacker Mom"

"Three Dog Life"

"Green Juice Court"

"Immature Matriarch"

"Jersey Girl and The Ad Man"

and the most appropriate title now that my blog has been outed..

"Keepin' It Bland"

My apologies to anyone who has a blog name similar to one of my ideas. Remember what they say ladies...imitation is indeed the sincerest form of flattery.

Footnote: I would never SERIOUSLY copy any one's blog name. If and when I change the name of the blog, I'll come up with something original. After all, Plagiarism is a breach of blogging ethics and I will have no part of it. :)

Happy Monday!


13 comments:

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

I like your name. You've gotta have the coffee an tennis ball, but you can change it up somehow.

I've got my huladancer thing going on for me. I'm on design #2 within a year.

Petunia said...

Don't even think of changing your name! Love your new header!

Anonymous said...

i like your new header.
Listen- I hear ya. I was Just Pla*n Jane for YEARS...but my psycho ex kept following me so I shut the whole thing down- So I have this blog in wordpress that I wish I could merge onto here. i had followers gallore. I lost 90% of them....10% of them still follow me 'cause at one point they emailed me...so I hear ya. I want to be Jane- it's who i am...Mrs K just doesn't do it for me.

Anonymous said...

ps- I didn't mean the Mrs K in REAL life- I meant it in blogging world...I started as Jane, and it was fun because everyone I disliked was named Dick. Now it's just blah.

Nanc Twop said...

Maybe you just
need a new cup ;-)

This or maybe this?

Make mine decaf... c(~)

Formerly known as Frau said...

I like the Jersey girl and AD man. New header is good, maybe change your coffee cup design slightly.

a striver for sanity said...

How about The Fiend of the Caffeine Court or Friends of the Caffeine Court Fiend.

You are who you are no matter what the name. Your blog followers will seek you out!

preppyplayer said...

What is that saying? "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

I think you should leave that part of your blog alone, I like the new header addition ( sleek, blond babe- I KNEW it was you!) but, leave the rest alone.

Dr Zibbs said...

What about "Tennis Broad Tales"?

simplynotso said...

How about "The big sister"

Momo Fali said...

I like your name too. Don't change it!

Jerseygirl89 said...

Well, I like your name, but I totally get the wanting to change it. If you help me think a good new name (for me and for my blog), you can have Jersey Girl, because I really like that title.

Jaina said...

But I love your name already!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.