4.20.2009

Heartbreaking...


I'm sure by now you've heard the horrible story of the Maryland family of 5 who perished in a murder-suicide last week. Francis Billotti Wood, the childrens' mother was a fellow blogger.

I read her blog, and she was an wonderful person. I was so inspired by her positive outlook. She was an amazing mother and a thoughtful, intelligent woman. What a terrible loss.

The name of her blog is What Am I Supposed To Do Now? She had a charity that she supported on the page...

The BIG Sweep, a program of Volunteer Frederick, turns trash into cash for area nonprofits. Structured like a walk-a-thon, participants collect sponsorships on behalf of their organization, but instead of walking, they pick up trash from Frederick County roads, streams, and parks. Over the past seven years, BIG Sweep volunteers have cleaned up 115 tons of trash and recyclables, almost 3400 tires and many truckloads of bulk items while raising more than $270,000 for their organizations. Thank you for helping to make this year’s BIG Sweep the best yet!





If you have it in your heart, please donate to this worthy cause in memory of a fellow blogger.


14 comments:

Jan said...

Wow. How sad and disturbing.

Anonymous said...

This breaks my heart. I read about her murder in the papers yesterday...they live about 40 minutes away from us and these incidents are becoming way too common in the MD/DC/VA area.

Great idea for the charity, thank you for sharing her blog.

Anonymous said...

wtf? i didn't hear about it! what's going on in this world?

justme said...

i didn't realize that, how sad and wasteful

kel said...

So sad...

jenn said...

How heartbreaking. I clicked the link to her blog and read, thinking that this could have been any of us. God bless them.

Tippy said...

Living in the midwest, I had not heard about this incident. Reading her last blog post was chilling. You'd have to be out of your mind to do this to your children. Beyond awful.

Tara R. said...

I was reading about this, this morning. So tragic.

Unknown said...

This made the news in MA when I was there this weekend. I never dreamed it was a blogger that I kept up with. How heartbreaking. I just can't comprehend someone doing this to their family. And for the grandfather to find them makes it that much more tragic.

Jaina said...

This is the first I've heard of it, how terrible! Thanks for the link.

Cid said...

I just read her last post, I am overwhelmed with sadness. I am glad others will be able to know and remember her and the children.

Anonymous said...

This is so sad. Her last blog post was so heartwarming. She was thankful for her life and family. Tragic.

Anonymous said...

To read her words knowing what tragedy was 17 days away was heartbreaking.
Reading about it in the paper certainly was sad but this personalizes it. She was a mother like many of us and wrote about her concerns about her husband not comfortable with his job....if only he had gone for help.

Maureen said...

Such a horrible story...

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.