4.09.2009

The Yin and Yang of Blogging

It's Spring Break here in beautiful coastal NJ, so we are on the road. We hit the Big Apple yesterday, today it's Baltimore and tomorrow, D.C. I won't be able to blog...so here is one of my old posts.

Oh, and my blog is undergoing a bit of a redesign, stay tuned. I'll be unveiling my new look real soon!

This whole "blogging thing" has turned out to be so much more than I anticipated. I've always loved writing. In my twenties when I was performing with a comedy troupe in NY my favorite part of the whole experience was the writing. The performing I could have done without! There was no bigger thrill for me than to write a funny sketch and then have some of my incredibly talented and hilarious friends act it out.

Now, many years later I have stumbled upon a way to write about all sorts of subjects. (Funny or not.) I can then post them on the computer and actually get feedback from my audience! (Without the risk of going on a stage and COMPLETELY putting my ass on the line!) What a brilliant concept!

The added bonus is that there are so many fascinating blogs to be read! It's a blessing and a curse. A blessing because there is a never ending source of opinions to explore. A curse because there are only a few moments each day to actually check them out! Sometimes I wish there were 36 hours in a day! (Scratch that-that would mean more time for housework!)


13 comments:

justme said...

so true

suchsimplepleasures said...

i'm so addicted that it's sick! i can't stay away from the computer. wake up, go to computer, house work, blog, make dinner, blog, get kids ready for bed, blog, blog, blog...

a. said...

It's very true...I am not addicted as much as I used to be which is good but I still enjoy it! I also love to find new blogs (like yours) that are not boring and too serious.

Avery Gray said...

Housework? What's that?

(P.S. I love you!)

Anonymous said...

Very addicted. Plus, I really like to read all the comments.

Rachel said...

Amen sistah!

Tara R. said...

I have had my own blog zen moments... I'm with ya, just not enough hours in the day.

Candace said...

true that. I was getting overwhelmed with it for awhile!

Kim said...

I always think of it as actually writing down that imaginary talk show that goes on in my mind. Oprah and Ellen are just listening and laughing, in awe of my wit and ultra exciting life! Ha!

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

I know. What in the world did I do before I started blogging? Ha Ha.

Donna said...

Oh, yeah. You're hooked.

Welcome to the club! :)

Caffeine Court said...

Testing

Jan said...

I so agree. Blogging fills a need for me. I have been writing in my head for years and now I can actually see it in print. I spend a lot of time thinking about what to write and reading other blogs. Wish I had more time.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.