11.05.2008

What I've Been Up To...(other than organizing, voting and all the usual Hoo Haa)

I am so proud of my blogging buddies who have decided to take my "Organization Challenge."


It takes guts to show the world what a slob you are!!  But hey, we're all in this together.  YAY US!
I'm going to show you what I've been working on late into the night, while I should be on the computer commenting on all your wonderful blogs.

This, my friends, is what I've been doing.

You guessed it, I've been in my sweatshop sewing belts.  Big belts, little belts, belts of every shape and size.  Why, you ask?  Well....in a fit of A.D.D.  I decided to make ribbon belts a la Hadley Pollet for friends and family.  As gifts.  One of my friends who has far more faith in me than I do decided I should sell these suckers and she signed me up for our "PTO Vendor Nite" this Monday.  The pressure is on folks.  

Making something on a whim and giving it out is one thing.  Actually laying them on a table and standing there while discerning shoppers eye up my handicrafts is quite another.  

Soooo I've been slaving away, sewing, making little labels for my gift bags, figuring out pricing. The works.  

Come Monday night I'll see if all my hard work brings in a profit, or if for the next five years I'll be giving belts out as gifts for every occasion.  


I hope my mailman likes to accessorize!!!


16 comments:

LYDIA said...

I think your belts are cute! I can't wait to hear how it goes. You could always sell them on etsy.com

Unknown said...

They're fabulous! You're mailman will probably be out of luck - smiles!

justme said...

they look FAB, i will try and stop by !!!! email me the dets...feener44atgmaildotcom

Anonymous said...

those are adorable!! i like them!!! hint hint- wink wink.

Anonymous said...

They are outstanding. They will sell in fact you may be overwhelmed with orders for Christmas.
"My Daughter the Belt Maker" I am so proud !

linda said...

Pretty!

Unknown said...

I sooo wish I could sew. I took home ecc in high school but haven't done a thing since. The ADD just won't let me sit down for the amount of time it would take to learn. Maybe I should get one of those machines that does it all. (but I would still have to read the manual)
I'm quite impressed!

Anonymous said...

Very cute!! If I had a waist, I'd order one!! ;-)

University of Iowa Meg said...

Those belts are great!! I want a pink and green one! :)

simplynotso said...

Love them and I am so lucky that I already have one!

jenn said...

They are darling!

Far From Perfect said...

hey-love these... would consider doing sit ups to loose this muffin top, to show off a new belt!!!

Anonymous said...

cute stuff!! Aren't you talented?!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Best of luck with selling the belts, though they are so cute I doubt you'll need luck! And I love the idea of homemade gifts:)

The 5 Bickies said...

These belts are great! I hope you have a good sale on Monday. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

??? said...

I love them!!! I want ONEEEE!!!!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.