11.30.2008

Caffeine Court FULL THROTTLE!!!

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

We had a blast. My first order of business upon arriving at my sister's house was jumping on my nephew's MINI minibike to tool around the yard for my family's amusement.

I decided to take that baby up as fast as it would go...I came cruising down the hill feeling like "Easy Rider" and enjoying some speed. As I approached the crowd of spectators and the upcoming driveway (filled with cars) I decided I'd better slow down, I let go of the throttle and realized it was stuck!!! I couldn't slow down!

Considering the fact that I haven't been on a minibike since 7th grade, I didn't know what to do. I pictured myself hitting the driveway at full speed and made the snap decision to ABORT.

I jumped off the minibike and hit the ground HARD. When I first hit I thought for sure I broke a rib. I pulled off my helmet and saw the bike, still running hurtling towards the neighbor's yard.


Lucky for me it got stuck in a bush. After a great deal of laughter, my nephew mentioned to me that "yeah, sometimes the throttle gets STUCK." Gee Kyle, thanks for telling me that before I got going at full speed!! Luckily no children or animals were killed and got off easy with some bruised ribs.

After a few glasses of wine, I felt much better. Pinot Noir and turkey have great healing powers!

Now it's back to the old routine. I don't know how I'm going to top my Thanksgiving stunt this Christmas. Maybe I'll bungee jump off the roof!!


18 comments:

Vodka Mom said...

that was hysterical!

Vodka Mom said...

wine cures all.......

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh i'm going to piss myself laughing!! i love that picture!

Mama Wheaton said...

Bunging jumping sounds fun, but make sure it is at least a two story house!

Unknown said...

That was so funny.. Are you on Youtube by any chance?

Dr Zibbs said...

You're hot AND you ride a bike? very cool.

Debie Napoleon said...

Wish you had a movie of that!

Unknown said...

show off...i kid i kid...lol sounds like you had a GREAT time! Glad your back

Anonymous said...

We had a similar incident at my thanksgiving. My cousin's gf wanted to try riding my dad's dirtbike (just a small 100) and so he put her on it and told her how to take off. But didn't tell her how to stop. lol. She also bailed off. No broken bones or anything luckily.

Glad you are ok! You are tough!

MarĂ­a said...

LOL! I needed a video!!

linda said...

Yikes! Glad you are okay.Love the pic!

MommyTime said...

I'm so glad you're okay! That picture is hilarious, though. :) I've never been on a motorbike of any kind, but I've always been sure I would crash if I did. Now I'm really certain.

Totally unrelated: I don't know if you want links for our de-clutter posts or not, but here the link for my second one. You already saw the first one, but in case you need a reminder, there's a link to it in the post from today. I don't know if it's enough to win the prize, but I do have to tell you that this was a GREAT way to stay motivated: just knowing I had to put up a post to show my efforts got me over the hump to do the last bit of cleaning today. Thank you so much for being inspiring!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're OK and that the bike is, too. I haven't been on one of those since high school when I wiped out taking a corner. Ouch!

Anonymous said...

OMG that was HYSTERICAL! Thanks for my Monday morning laugh!!!

Red said...

Oh lawdy, I need Depends after reading that! Why can't my life be that funny. : )

simplynotso said...

Go ahead blame your lack of judgement on an 11 year old!!!LOL

Jaina said...

Too funny...I wish you had video footage of that...

benbes said...

that is very funny post.
janome sewing machines

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.