11.04.2008

Get your priorities straight people!

I know you're all excited about today's election.  You're probably going to stand in line to cast your vote...but seriously, let's get our priorities straight!


Your closets are messy!  Aren't you ashamed?  Did you spend 20 minutes looking for a matching pair of socks this morning?

Let's get cracking ladies.  Forget the polls.  There are plenty of other people voting today!

Sign up for my November challenge!  The deadline for "cleaner registration" is this Friday!

Look what I did!

This is my guest room closet.  I couldn't find my camera for the before picture..but trust me.  It was a mess.  This is a HUGE improvement.

Check out what Tara did already!!


Show me what you're made of.  Democrats AND Republicans agree, neat closets are patriotic!!!

Since I hate to exclude anyone....if you're already really neat and organized show us your stuff. We need guidance.  I'll throw in one of my adorable hand made Hadley Pollet knock off belts (retail $40) to the best role model.  (Trust me - these belts are cute!)

Oh and if you INSIST on voting, please vote for John McCain.

Thanks and have a great, ORGANIZED day!



25 comments:

justme said...

you are killing ME !!!! stop the madness

Tara R. said...

I posted my first de-cluttering project today... only 99 more to go. Go Jill!

Sass said...

You're guilting me...slowly...into doing this. Slowly, I say.

I'll start...the second Tuesday of next week. How's that sound for ya?

Mama Wheaton said...

It's 8 am here and I am still on my first cup of coffee have some pity, and yes I will go vote after I declutter something, somewhere.

Dr Zibbs said...

I think I'll hold a contest on my blog and the winner gets to clean my closet. Does that count?

k e r r y said...

My closets -especially our guest closet is in need of a reorg... is it too late to sign up for your November challenge?

Anonymous said...

hey jill, check out my new post!!

Katie Ryan said...

I would love to show you my closet, but then you'll think I'm a freak. It's so organized that it's even color coded.

Karen said...

I vote for McCain already. I will get started on my closet this weekend. You are an inspiration.

Alexis Black said...

That is amazing! Wow! No matter what the outcome of this election, your hubby will be a happy man coming home to that. He is going to be one proud man. I knew you had it in you. I, myself, can't decide whether to get off my ass and go to the gym (my decluttering project) or clean my pantry shelves....hmmm? Maybe I'll just go take the before picture. That's something, right?

Alexis Black said...

Oh, and one more thing...I know you don't need this Jill, but in case any of the rest of you need additional motivation like I do, check out the link to this book...judging by my house clutter and my body shape there is definitely a correlation!
http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/tows_past_20080207_b1/1

Alexis Black said...

If that link doesn't work, the book is "Does This Clutter Makes My Butt Look Fat" by Peter Walsh.

Anonymous said...

But which mess to pick...

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Oh boy. You're really tempting me here. Not with the giveaway but with the opportunity to strut my organized stuff..

Hmmmmm...thinking I may just contribute. Then I am coming to NJ to help you. We're BFFs, right?

The Mrs. said...

Okay. I'll sign up. But it's gonna be scary!!

Unknown said...

I love this idea. LOVE. But I'm afraid of it too ;)

Anonymous said...

I need to do this, I swear I do...but this week, HONESTLY, I do not have time to even think about it, LOL When I open my closet door, I do not turn on the light anymore...that bad:(

Bags of Christmas gifts already bought, shoes EVERYWHERE, clothes that didn't work out for that particular day on the floor...UGH!

linda said...

Wow! Good for you -that closet is picture perfect!!!!!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

You are so funny! I really need to organize my pots and pans but am afraid to show anyone my closets.

simplynotso said...

doing it now!!!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

I'm too depressed now to clean up my closet. Wake me in 4 years when the nightmare is over.

La Pixie said...

Im too sad to clean, too. maybe in 2012. LOL

simplynotso said...

look at my post...how embarrassing I feel overwhelmed!

Anonymous said...

I think you should really say- 'real americans' keep their closets tidy...ha ha ha ha I will do it but you'll have to trust me 'cause I can't take pics of my closets until...well until I find my camera. :(

Jaina said...

Haha, LOVE this post!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.