10.31.2008

No more Halloween with the Springsteens!

One of the coolest things in my town is Bruce Springsteen's set-up outside his home.  He always does the most elaborate Halloween decorations (kind of like the Haunted Mansion at Disney World) He gives all the children massive amounts of candy and all the ladies are giddy at the thought of a face to face with The Boss.  

There are always police and security guards present to maintain order and to keep people at a safe distance from the Springsteen home.  

As you know, all good things come to an end.  The following was posted on Springsteen's official web page.

HALLOWEEN

To our friends and neighbors:

So as not to inconvenience you this Halloween, due to "catastrophic success" (read:  too many visitors for the neighborhood to handle) and concern for the safety of kids and parents!  We won't be having our usual Halloween display this year in Rumson.

We wish everyone a safe and Happy Halloween!

Thanks, 

Bruce and Patti

BUMMER.  Caffeine Court, along with Bruce and Patti wishes you a very spooky Halloween!!! Try not to eat too many Snickers Bars!!


14 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

Too bad. How far does he live from you? Would he hang out at the gate?

Anonymous said...

What a bummer! That is awesome that they did that at all.

Anonymous said...

well that blows...and i have decided to say something next week about the tennis and the 'choosing' of players although i'm close to saying *uck it.

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

That stinks! I would've drove an hour to go trick or treating at his house if he would sing to me.

The Mrs. said...

Dayum! I wanted a pic to see what they do!!! Thanks for the well wishes...I know I am an old dog and I think things will be okay!!!

Maureen said...

Bummer! I can only imagine how cool that must have been.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Dang! I think I remember you posting about this last year. What a let down!

preppyplayer said...

It's not just us Moms. My daughter was really bummed when Bruce's son chose Boston college over Lafayette as she and her friends were looking forward to Bruce sightings on campus. Little did she know she could have taken a ride down the parkway every Halloween, until now!

Anonymous said...

And I was contemplating driving down there this year, too. Oh well.

Bridget said...

I heard that on the news (and by news I mean HS news with Robin!) - what a bummer!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

That's so sad! He must have really enjoyed doing all of that or he wouldn't have gone to all of the effort. I bet he is sad also.

Anonymous said...

Find out who complained and then egg their house. ;-)

Jaina said...

How neat that they used to do that. I'm sorry to hear they don't anymore, but at least they're being considerate, right?

benbes said...

that must be very cool.
car monitors

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.