4.15.2008

WIRED

I am so proud of myself. I stuck to my guns yesterday. My daughter stayed in bed until 3 o'clock...when school ended. At 3:05 precisely I sprung her from her cell. What a difference this morning. She made a full transformation from a complete wreck to an absolute delight. She really is a chip off the old block. Without sleep, she does not function.

I spent the day diligently working doing all the yucky boring stuff I've been avoiding. YAY ME!

Some of you might be thinking-so what? What's the big deal. TRUST ME, it is a big deal for me. I am very good an getting in the car (okay minivan-whatever) and running around town getting things done. When it comes to staying in the house and puttering away at the minuscule little things that add up to a disaster when avoided, I stink.

I rewarded myself by watching an entire episode of "The Tudors" uninterrupted. Sort of. I can never truly watch anything for an hour, thank goodness for On Demand..so I can hit pause when someone needs me to wipe their butt or cut up an apple. My husband really should learn to use a knife! :)

Which leads me to another subject. My new obsession... I am really getting into this whole King Henry the Eighth thing and I need to discuss it! Later on I want to chat about "The Tudors," "The Other Boleyn Girl" (book as well as movie), Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Natalie Portman...all of it!

Oh and one final thing...(can you tell I've already had 2 cups of coffee and a Diet Coke this morning?) Tonight is the finale of "The Real Housewives of NYC!" Don't miss it...I'm sure there will be lots to talk about tomorrow.

Enough babbling. Gotta get my cute little 4 year old to school, then it's off to the elementary school to staple artwork. The art show is in one month...NEED MORE CAFFEINE!!!!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awsome post. I tend to let my kids over do with friends too. I am so glad someone enjoys their caffine in any form as much as I do. I hope to stay home get the boring mundane things done today myself.

so tired said...

Two things:

Did your daughter go to sleep last night at a regular time after spending all day in bed?

And don't let your husband wipe the kid's butts with a knife. ;)

Melissa said...

I can't believe it's the season finale already! I feel like the show just started! I can't wait to hear your commentary on it tomorrow!

WSU Laura said...

You are not alone with your obsession. I am watching the first season DVD right now of the Tudors and have ordered 3 books from that time period. I love all things having to do with King Henry the 8th. It is all addictive.

Preppy Lizard said...

Love The Tudors...totally obsessed with King Henry and that period. I just bough The Other Boleyn Sister.

Real Housewives on NYC...CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!

linda said...

I totally relate- I am the same....can do errands all day in the car ( minivan as well)...to stay home and do paperwork/home stuff- that's so hard.
Can't wait until Real Housewives tonight...
You've inspired me to read the Other Boleyn Sister.

The 5 Bickies said...

good for you for keeping your daughter in bed until 3:00. I am sure she got your point. And I am with you...I would much rather be running around doing errands than emptying dishwasher, making beds and doing laundry. My husband is always pleasantly surprised when it is done.

Thanks for the housewives reminder. I can't miss it. Just watched the last 2 weeks last night. I need to post about it too.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Oooh I can't wait till Housewives. It's the finale. :(
I wonder if another one is in the works. By the way, when I watched my tivo'd episodes of Orange County gals I didn't get the last episode (I think it was the last) and previews showed it was the one about Kimberly (?) going to the doctor to see about her melonoma. What happens? Do they get it all? Had it spread? I'm hanging!

Slacker Mama said...

FYI...if you need more caffiene, Starbucks had an insert in yesterday's paper here (Wash Post) for free tall coffee on Wednesdays. Don't know if your paper had it, too.

But I'm all about FREE COFFEE!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Can't your husband wipe his own butt? Just kidding!

So very glad to know that I am not alone in my avoidance of all things housework. Give me a list of place to go and I am your girl...but if you see me cleaning house...stay away...not only am I grumpy, but the husband probably did something to make me grumpy, cause I only clean when I'm mad!

LunaNik said...

I'm totally looking forward to your NY Housewives wrap up! I have my suspicions that much of the meetings and dinners and stuff were staged for good tv...

Amy said...

I am the same way! Why is it so hard to be productive at home? BTW, I am also obsessed with Tudor England. So I can't wait to "chat" about it. Read all of Phillipa Gregory's books on that subject, they are all great!

The Mrs. said...

I need to watch the tudors asap! I looove housewives...

Candace said...

I'm the same way! I can run around town all day but the stuff I really need to do piles up. Lately that has included blogging.
and my daughter is also a nightmare without sleep so I'm trying to get a new routine in place before she self destructs!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.