4.14.2008

No good deed goes unpunished...

I am seriously embarrassed posting this...but I wanted to give some of you a chance to say "I told you so!!"


As you probably recall, on Friday I had a quandary. (Check out my post from 4/11 if you aren't up to speed on my exciting life.) My 8 year old daughter had a jam packed weekend. I feared it might be too much for her, but I wanted her to be in on all the action, so I let her stay out until 10:30 on Friday and have a sleepover on Saturday.

Many of you advised me not to let her overdo it. I didn't listen. Well, here it is Monday morning and she woke up this morning EXHAUSTED. Crying, complaining of a sore throat and a tummy ache. It's 10:30 and she's asleep upstairs in bed.

I had a full day planned including 2 hours of tennis. I was REALLY looking forward to it. I just had to call the club and tell them I won't be there. When will I learn?

Who's being punished for my daughter's fabulous weekend? ME. And trust me, when hubby catches wind that she's home today, I'll be in hot water with him. WAAAAAH!!! (That's me crying.)

Since I'll be home all day I'm sure you'll advise me to get the house clean, pay some bills, maybe do a little weeding in the backyard. A mature woman would take advantage of a forced day at home to get caught up on all the day to day chores that need tending to. So that's what I'm going to do...pretend I'm a mature woman and do all the dirty deeds that need to be done. And believe you me, I will be highly annoyed the entire time I'm doing it.

The only bright side is, if I accomplish my goals, my husband will be THRILLED when he gets home from work. The key to his happiness is a clean organized house, dinner on the table and sex every night. (Boy did he marry the wrong girl!)

Next time you smart people give me advise-I promise I'll listen!

Gotta run, younger daughter just informed me that Meg is awake, and seems to be feeling better. SURPRISE SURPRISE!!! She'll probably want to get up and watch TV, maybe play on the computer for awhile. NO DEAL. This child is going to stay in bed all day. She is sick after all!!! And when you're sick you stay in bed-am I right???

Happy Monday.


14 comments:

The Engert Family said...

For me at least, motherhood is all about living and learning....and I usually have to make my own mistakes; hearing about others' just doesn't have the same effect as going through it myself. LOL!
I hope she feels better & is ready for school tomorrow!

Elizabeth said...

I'm sick.

Can I stay in bed all day?

Unknown said...

This time you are right, she stays in bed and has NO fun. She can only get up if she is going to help you clean. :)

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Our husbands sound like they were separated at birth! And you're right... when the KIDS overdo it, WE suffer.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

This happens here all the time. Whenever BigGirl has a sleepover they stay up late, eat a bunch of crap and then my daughter is in a foul mood the rest of the weekend and WE suffer. Ugh.

By the way, because of YOU I'm addicted to these Real Housewives series. I tivo'd the Orange County series and LOVED IT! We're going to Cali in June and I swear I'm going to go to Coto and hang out and try to find these women! ha ha....

Katie Ryan said...

It always seems that when my kids stay home is when I usually have the busiest day planned. Ugh!

Anonymous said...

does all this seem familiar?????

Scarlet O'Kara said...

So...Did she stay in bed all day? Or did you give in and let her get up?

Whenever I was sick and stayed home from school, my mother would let me sleep until 10, then she woke me up and we went shopping! I loved "sick" days!

The 5 Bickies said...

I would never say I told you so! You were either going to hear it from her when you said NO to one of the activities or hear it from her today. I guess it was today.

Hope all is well tonight and on the mend.

Far From Perfect said...

tee hee

Hair Girl said...

When we were actually sick (fever)it was the couch with cartoons and Popsicles; when it was iffy -it was the bed and water. "so we didn't upset our tummies" You never stayed home unless it was Mom's idea.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely! Must stay in bed and be bored out of your skull until 3:30pm; that's the way it works around here... Not surprisingly, they aren't sick too often :)

Kate said...

I agree - no fun stuff for the kids with the "weekend hangover" sickness! And I say, screw the chores & do something relaxing:)

MarĂ­a said...

She stays in bed. All. Day.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.