4.28.2008

Soft, Cuddly and Highly Contagious!

On a recent trip to our local drugstore my daughters and I discovered yet another example of what a sick mind and some marketing prowess can come up with...Giant Microbes Plush Toys! Here's the quote from their website:

We make stuffed animals that look like tiny microbes—only a million times actual size! Now available: The Common Cold, The Flu, Sore Throat, Stomach Ache, Cough, Ear Ache, Bad Breath, Kissing Disease, Athlete's Foot, Ulcer, Martian Life, Beer & Bread, Black Death, Ebola, Flesh Eating, Sleeping Sickness, Dust Mite, Bed Bug, and Bookworm (and in our Professional line: H.I.V. and Hepatitis).

Each 5-to-7 inch doll is accompanied by an image of the real microbe it represents, as well as information about the microbe.

They make great learning tools for parents and educators, as well as amusing gifts for anyone with a sense of humor!

My favorite (and the one that made my skin crawl is the louse or common head lice....ewww) Anyone who has been fortunate enough to have tangled with these little suckers will appreciate how realistic these little suckers are!)












The most popular series among the college crowd is:






Here is our little friend...Chlamydia
















Say hello to Herpes Simplex Virus 2!


















Let's have a round of applause for Gonorrhea (affectionately known as "The Clap")




















Who knew STDs could be so DANG cute!!


25 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my God. Who would ever think of that and WHY!?!?!?!

Belle said...

Yikes! My skin is crawling over the lice pics. I personally like Herpes Virus Simplex 2. He looks like a cute little sun.(lol) People are nuts. Funny, but nuts.

Unknown said...

Hey, you can fold "the clap" in the middle and clap him together!

MommyTime said...

This is seriously twisted. And very funny. Thanks for the giggles.

Suburban prep said...

All I can say is OMG.

Amy said...

Seriously, that is just wrong!

LunaNik said...

OMG...I mean...OH MA GAWD

What a great idea for a stocking stuffer ;)

Cindy said...

Ugh. They've got those on the counter at my pharmacy as well. As much as I love a stuffy, there is just nothing cute about these at all.

Cindy said...

Ugh. They've got those on the counter at my pharmacy as well. As much as I love a stuffy, there is just nothing cute about these at all.

sltbee69 said...

WTF! That is seriously messed up! *snort*

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

what type of executive signs off on a project like this giving it the ok???
I'm sure I'll be giving these little stuffed cuties for birthday gifts. NOT

Melissa said...

Ewwww! Who on Earth thought of that! So funny and gross!

I have to say thought, the herpes one is kind of cute lol!

Katie Ryan said...

Ewwww, Ewwwww, Ewwwww!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

This is just wrong on so many levels...

So, did you buy any?

Pink in a sea of blue said...

You crack me up! Maybe I should get some to save for my sons to discuss at a later date. Visuals help...

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Herpes is kinda cute.

Kate said...

I think I may have to get my Dad the MRSA one (since he beat a bad case earlier in the year)!

MarĂ­a said...

OOhh! I want one!!

kolls said...

Dude, the premise is kinda gross, but they're SO DARN CUTE!

suchsimplepleasures said...

there is something so incredibly wrong about std stuffed animals...seriously!!

The Mrs. said...

$#%$^&* gross! maybe they'll have stuffed puke and diarreah next!

Always Organizing said...

I was at a training at the CDC and their gift shop had these. I think they are pretty hilarious and I brought the clap home for my fiance. He got a kick out of it and it is sitting on our bookshelf :)

scargosun said...

He he he. They have expanded their collection since I last looked. In another life, I tracked the flu for a drug company, we sent the Influenza bugs out to people. I still have a bunch.

Jenee said...

OMG, thats funny. I need to find those so I can keep a stash on my ambulance at work. Instead of blowing up gloves and making funny faced people I can hand out stuffed germs to kids! Genius!

Barefoot in the Park said...

they are kidding right?

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.