4.01.2008

Operation Florida...


48 hours and counting until my family and I lift off for the Sunshine State. (Did I mention we're going to Florida for five days?) We are going to visit my parents in a large retirement community outside of Orlando.




Once we get there I'm sure it will be a fun and relaxing visit. It's the preparations that are KILLING me!

My mission: to get two adults, two children, two dogs and one cat prepared for the upcoming journey.

So much to do and so little time!!

My solution? Avoid packing and start blogging!

Thus far I've managed to get my dogs their shots for boarding. (Which set me back $600!) The girls are all set with lots of cute summer clothes and bathing suits. (Not an easy feat, little girl is HIGHLY sensitive to wedgies and itchy tags which makes finding clothes she will wear nearly impossible.)

Now all I need to do is:
  1. Stop mail
  2. bring dogs to kennel
  3. get summer clothes for me and hubby out of the basement
  4. pack (for EVERYONE hubby has business obligations the next two nights)
  5. get manicure, pedicure and spray tan (mommys got to look foxy!)
  6. complete every other day to day task a mom must do including chauffeuring, cooking, cleaning, laundry, school volunteering, paying bills...need I say more?
My reward for all this hard work? In 72 hours I will be sitting next to a pool with my husband, and parents, watching my children frolic in the pool and soaking in the warm Florida sun.

Until then I'll be clutching a to-do list in one hand and a huge cup of joe in the other. (I'll be steering the car with my teeth!)

Catch you later!

“A vacation frequently means that the family goes away for a rest,

accompanied by a mother who sees that the others get it.”


-Marcelene Cox


20 comments:

Belle said...

Have a great time!!

Anonymous said...

luck with your preparations and have a great trip!

Katie Ryan said...

Oh, you are going to have so much fun. Take pictures for posting.

the mama bird diaries said...

I have a meltdown every time I have to prepare for a trip. And spin around like mad, getting very little accomplished!

But it's all worth it once you arrive! Have a wonderful trip.

Unknown said...

Have a fab time! Think about the rest of us still freezing in the cold rain..... :)

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time! Tell Florida "hello" for me! :-)

justme said...

have a blast !!!

Scarlet O'Kara said...

Have a safe trip. The weather down here is wonderful! Low 80s with heavenly breezes...

Slacker Mama said...

Sounds fun!

I'm pretty sure you can use the USPS web site to hold your mail...open up another browser window and mark a To Do off your list!

Amy said...

Have a blast girl! I am so with you on the whole getting ready thing. It's takes me til the last minute to be completely packed. I work much better under pressure!

Melissa said...

The prep is rough when you just have to deal wiht yourself! I can't imagine doing it for an entire family!

Have an awesome time! I still miss Florida! The weather is awesome!

linda said...

Have a great trip! We just went down for a long Easter weekend...loved the Premium outlet shops ( my first time there!)

Far From Perfect said...

I get reallly crabby, torture my whole family but we usally survive.Have fun...

Anonymous said...

I'll pack for you if you promise to bring some sun back. Have fun!

Elizabeth said...

Interesting how allll the tasks fall to us chicks, huh?

However, the payoff will be well worth it. Have a fab time.

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

sounds like you are doing good. A list always gets the ball rolling and you are already checking things off your list.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Wave to me as you pass by!

Anonymous said...

Make a list for your kids of what they need to take and let them pack it. Yes they will make mistakes, but if they are missing something, they will learn real quick.
You go for that spray tan and manicure and pedicure, I say.

Don't put yourself last, otherwise everybody else will too.

Kate said...

Have a great time! I am currently searching for somewhere local to get a spray tan before our trip to Fl! Great minds thing alike:)

Anonymous said...

Is it wise to announce on the internet that you'll be out of town?

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.