1.06.2009

Digging out from under the Christmas Rubble!


Happy New Year!  I hope you are all getting back into the normal routine.  I am TRYING DESPERATELY to get things organized.  Today was huge for me.  Those of you on Facebook have already seen these photos, but I thought I'd share one of the many tasks I had to conquer today.


Take a look at our Christmas tree. 

To the left is a photo pre expiration date.  

We (I) forgot to put water in it and went to Vermont for five days.  When we returned it was a sight to behold.

Every time I took off an ornament another pile of needles fell to the ground.  

I think I filled about 15 vacuum cleaner bags.


By the time I wrestled the little sucker out to the patio there were absolutely ZERO needles left on it.


My husband is too embarrassed to put it out on the curb.  He wants to dismember it "Sopranos" style and stuff the parts in a trash bag.  Then he wants me to dump it in a swamp. 

I, on the other hand, decided to photograph it and post it for all the world to see.  They say opposites attract!!!


MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Order is restored to the rear right corner of our family room.





Stay tuned for more Christmas Break adventures including traveling 6 1/2 hours in the car with a puking child, tennis tournament details, a visit from the world's wildest children and how I'm coping with not exercising for over 10 days.  You won't want to miss the next episode of Caffeine Court.  (Did you hear? ABC and CBS have both offered me a deal to make a show out of my life!  They heard about all my wild antics and think it would be a huge hit.  (NOT!)


17 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

You need to torch that thing.

Sassy Britches said...

Ack! I thought I was bad with disgusting stagnant water...can't hold a CANDLE to you! :) Nice work!

GypsiAdventure said...

Ha...looks like our tree last year. It was funny and I DID put it at the curb, yep I'm cool like that! :)
~K

Tammy said...

Glad you restored order in that corner of your house. That is why I have a fake tree. :)

K and/or K said...

It reminds me of the turkey they overcook on the Christmas Vacation movie.

Bridget said...

If it makes you feel any better my tree looked like that too and I didn't even go away. I also managed to completely fry the wreath on my front door. I do not have the holiday green thumb!

Red said...

One of the many reasons why I do a fake tree, LOL!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Poor tree!

Anonymous said...

And looking at that tree reminds me of how much I love my artificial one;) LOL

Cid said...

Might have to report you to the Christmas Tree Aid Society!

The 5 Bickies said...

Your dead tree makes my dead tree look alive and kicking. I unplugged our dead tree to buy me more time after hubby came home with an insurance story...$13 million loss for a historical home that caught fire from lights on the christmas tree!

My deadline is tomorrow!

just ask beth said...

Holy Shit!! i can't stop laughing at your tree. Go artificial next year LOL!

simplynotso said...

What the heck? It had a disease:)

Jaina said...

We lit a tree on fire out in the desert...those things burn big, hot and fast.

Jan said...

If I had a real tree mine would have looked like that because the cat would have knocked all the needles off! Thank god for artificial!

Yellow Beads said...

OMG, ha, I have never seen a tree so dead!!!

k e r r y said...

Ahh! Fire hazard?! That's just crazy!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.