1.10.2009

I finally figured out what I want to be when I grow up...

I want to be one of these gals.

The ones in my new Athleta Catalog.





I want to wear a Shanti Cami with the Vishu Pant, and do yoga on the beach.






After that I want to stroll on over to the local farmer's market in my Henna Skimp outfit and eat organic fruit with a big old smile on my gorgeous unlined face.

I want inner AND outer beauty, sinewy muscles and a calm mind.

Just look at these women. Who WOULDN'T want to be them???

Okay, I'm not going to kid myself. The one on the rock staring off into space is on Vicodin. The one PRETENDING to eat the orange has bulimia. And the lady in the awesome pose listening to the waves crash on the beach thinks she has big thighs.

They all wish they could give up the pressure of their high profile modeling careers. They dream of getting married, settling down in a little house in NJ and popping out a couple of kids.

I guess the grass REALLY on the other side of the fence.

And who the hell needs an $89 tank top anyway?


21 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

I agree those models wish they were us with stretch marks and beds to make, dry cleaning to pick up...ah the life we have!

♥ Braja said...

People who wear clothes like that don't want to sit on the floor and do yoga: they're too afraid it'll ruin their $200 outfit.

Debie Napoleon said...

I'll never understand spending that kind of money for a yoga outfit.

Anonymous said...

i love that catalog but seriously wonder who pays those prices for a sport where you don't even need to sweat.

preppyplayer said...

Love the catalog, hate the prices.
You forgot to mention that the model's bios are all included and they are trifecta people, you know- Model/rock climber/ teacher or model/kayaker/ seeing eye dog trainer.
Hate that.

Tara R. said...

Can I just have a body like that without having to contort myself into a pretzel?

Sassy Britches said...

My spirits get lifted every time that catalogue comes because I am so envious of the women who have those crazy bios. I get a mini-boost of motivation to do it too. But I'll be doing it in cut-off sweats and an oversized tee, thanks.

justme said...

ahh, i love that catalogue as well. i keep telling hubby i want a gift certificate for it and i have yet to get that.

Julie {Angry Julie Monday} said...

I got the same catalog.

Have you ever seen Lululemon stuff? The same girls live in that website too.

Love it!

Unknown said...

Yep, get the catalog as well. Maybe I need one of the outfits to wear while I do my Wii fit. At least I might look a little better as I fall over while attempting the tree pose!

GypsiAdventure said...

haha, seriously if pictures could only speak (but yes, I would like to be them too...in my next life)
~K

Unknown said...

you mean we hafta grow up??? Oh help me now... ;-)

Adlibby said...

OMG I wanna be one of those girls too. Every time I get that catalog, I make a mental list of all the things I want to order... and then remember that those cute clothes will not give me inner peace and most certainly will not look quite the same on this bod. Then I throw it away and eat a muffin. =)

Jan said...

This post hit home with me. I just bought a new scale that weighs 10 pounds heavier than my old scale. Life can be so cruel!

Queen of the Mayhem said...

$89? That's a little pricey! I would want a shirt to do the Yoga for me...for those prices! :)

Anonymous said...

If you could change places with them for one day you might go running back to being wonderful you. One never knows what troubles someone else may have.

MarĂ­a said...

LOL! You probably nailed them. I just discovered that brand though, and I want some yoga pants!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

Vicodin is bad????????

jenn said...

I'll buy the $89 tank top if it'll give me a rack like hers!

Jaina said...

$89?? Seriously??

Yellow Beads said...

My hubby would kill me if I paid $80 for a work out top, ha. But the clothes, and models, do look nice!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.