1.27.2009

I'm at a loss...

Seriously, I've got nothing...except a couple of traffic gripes.

I do alot of local driving, so I've got a million of them.

Don't you love when you're poised to pull out into traffic and someone trying to be nice "waves you on?" So you decide rather than trust "the wave" you look both ways before proceeding. As you look you notice a large truck traveling at a high rate of speed barreling toward you. You glance back and the "nice person" gets annoyed. They're sign language reads..."I'm waving you on...GO!!!"

Thanks pal, but I think I'll wait another 5 seconds rather than GUN the minivan with my 2 precious daughters in the back seat, just because you're NICE enough to tell me to.

And don't get me started on tailgaters. Seriously, they should be drawn and quartered. When someone is driving 2 inches from my bumper, I take it down to one m.p.h. BELOW the speed limit and turn on my hazards. It not only infuriates the tailgater, it also serves to confuse the hell out of them.

Meanwhile some other Jersey blogger is writing something like this...

"Don't you hate when you're at an intersection and you try to be courteous, so you wave some middle aged chick in a minivan on. And then the stupid woman looks all worried and sees a truck coming, so she won't go!!! C'mon lady. Just do what I tell you! I'm being nice for god's sake!!!

Then later on you're in a rush to get to work and the same bimbo is driving down a residential street going like 3 m.p.h over the speed limit!! C'mon sister, I'm in a hurry here!! Speed up or I'll ride your ass... Then..the crazy woman SLOWS DOWN and flips on her hazards.WTF???!!! So now, I'm mad and confused. These women really need to learn how to drive."


Tomorrow I'll try to do something interesting. But I'm not making any promises.


12 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

I have to say I moved from Jersey before I learn how to drive but my three sisters that live in Jersey are scary ass drivers! They are probably the ones tailgating riding your ass but they are in their mini vans with their three kids running late to tennis....so!

Sass said...

I'm at a loss, too.

I'm like, so at a loss, that I think i could just throw in the towel.

HELP!!!!

preppyplayer said...

Frau, I am SURE you are speaking about the youngest sister. Sniff.

The wife said...

There's always the train wreck of Real Housewives that you can comment on!

My Hubby constantly tells me that I am going to be a victim of road rage because I've been known to do the same sort of thing to tailgaters! For now, I'm going to continue to take my chances!

Anonymous said...

Per Emily Post when a polite individual waves you on it is a breech of etiquette not to go.
In this situation a mannerly truck driver will either slam on his brakes or suddenly swerve killing pedestrians. But dead or alive everyone was NICE

simplynotso said...

My husband loves you!

Dr Zibbs said...

for me it's people that won't get out of the passing lane.

Coffee with Cathy said...

I get especially aggravated at the people who make sudden turns without using their turn signals because they've always lived there and have turned onto that street the same way for 43 years so what the heck do they need a signal for? Sheesh. Or, conversely, they begin slowing down approximately 1.7 miles away from the turn. Just, you know, to get ready.

Jill said...

I love to slow down when being tailgated, but never thought about the hazard lights but from now own will engage them as well. hee-hee p*ssed and confused!

jenn said...

Shout out for the idiots who make their own parking spaces, painted lines be damned! Grrr...

Major mental fog today here, too. I'm thinking a little sunshine would perk me up, but instead we're getting two FEET of snow. I'm ready to give up, put on my jammies, and drink some hot chocolate & Kahlua, what the hell.

Jan said...

My favorite is when the guy behind me is honking at me to get out into the intersection so that he can go. Who cares that if I did pull out I would get hit by oncoming traffic?

Anonymous said...

as a fellow jersey driver these days i feel your pain!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.