12.05.2008

Treats and Trinkets


Since my daughters got a new puppy for Christmas, Santa will be bringing small gifts this year.

I want the girls to be excited Christmas morning, so I need to get creative with my stocking stuffers.

Here are some things I got:



Smencils These are really cool scented pencils made from recycled newspaper. They come in delicious scents like Cotton Candy, Tropical Blast and Cinnamon all the kids in my town love them.







Chopstick Kids These are soft washable foodsafe little hinges to help you tame your chopsticks. You stick the chopsticks in the leg slots and voila...you're eating your sushi like a champ!!! They come in boy or girl style. I got mine at Borders.





Surfer's St. Christopher Medal: St. Christopher is the protector of travel. In the sixties, surfers wore this medal as a good luck piece to protect them while surfing. I got mine at a local surf shop, but you land locked folks can find them online. They come in all different fun colors and you can get a necklace or a bracelet. Only $14.









Mr. Bacon-Pig Racing Toys I have no idea why, but all the girls in my town want these. They come in tons of colors. And their only $12.95. I got mine from Wacky Planet.

I have girls, so I can't really help you out with the boy swag.

I need to get more stuff, any suggestions??


22 comments:

Katiellirb said...

I want to get those Chopstick Kids for myself! Seriously, I wish they were around when I was younger. Such a great idea! Thanks for sharing your find!

Unknown said...

now those are very creative stocking stuffers-love that pig racing game

Anonymous said...

You have been tagged check out my Blog for instructions.
You can always add some nuts fruit and coal to the Stockings :)

GypsiAdventure said...

Oh the surfer charm thing is awesome...and smencils?! I'd never heard of those, but definitely have to check them out, my daughter would get a kick out of those.
Thanks for sharing...
~K

K and/or K said...

Cute chopsticks--I need them for me!

Dr Zibbs said...

Check out ArchieMcPhee.com - some more great gifts.

jenn said...

These are darling! I'm going to go order some Smencils for my girls. They would love those.

This year, American Eagle brand jewelry is hot among tween girls up here. I got each of mine a couple of cute necklace/bracelet sets.

Linda S said...

the pig racing game looks like a hoot for any age! can you buy an extra for moi!?

Mama Wheaton said...

I want the chopsticks! That would be greast for stir-fry night.

Tara R. said...

Whenever I go have sushi with a friend she always asks the waiter for the 'kid's chopsticks.' I need to get her some of these Chopstick Kids. There's a Borders in Panama City. Hmmm?

Steve said...

We just received a "surprise package" for the girls from my father and his wife. (Not much of a surprise as they arrive regularly every six weeks.) It contained smencils among other things and let me tell you - fun! S was not impressed, but E and I had a lot of fun combining scents and sniffing pencils in various combinations looking for the yummiest combo. Our fave? Chocolate and cherry...

Anonymous said...

Oh hell... DH was still logged on to his gmail.

Kat said...

I LOVE those kiddie chopsticks!

Anonymous said...

The chopstick things are very smart!

I always get Kyle a small stuffed cat (it's a tradition), a card game or trivia cars (like brain-quest), candy, maybe some cars, neat markers or new crayons, and a cd or dvd.

I miss getting stockings. I always like the neat little stocking stuffers much more than my big gifts.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
preppyplayer said...

I sell the St. Chris's but I put them on cord and prep them out. A very popular lacrosse tournament item.

Anonymous said...

where did you get those pencils? I got julie a ton of smelly erasers from hello kitty. she loves that stinky shit.

MommyTime said...

I always like to get a pair of those fun-patterned super-fuzzy cozy socks and roll them up for the toe of the stocking (any department story has them); some kind of decadent candy (chocolate covered blueberries, for example); mini books of puzzles like sudoko; yummy lotions; pedicure supplies; or music. I love your creative ideas too.

Anonymous said...

You've been tagged!!

Jaina said...

Those are cool. Lip gloss sets are always great.

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Those pigs are weirdly cute!

Unknown said...

links of london
links of london charm bracelets

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.