7.18.2008

Well, that went over like a lead balloon!

I promised a "normal" post today, so here it is. I had a feeling I didn't have too many Howard Stern fans reading my blog. I just had to share my encounter with Beetlejuice. It cracked me up. (At least one person thought it was funny!)

Anyway, today is my 10 year wedding anniversary. You think I'd be out at a fancy French bistro sipping wine and listening to romantic music. Not exactly. We have tons of company in from out of town. (My sister, her children and my parents.) They are all at the beach, I took my 4 year old home with severe stomach pains. She's laying on the couch watching a movie!

Don't feel too sorry for me...Brad and I are planning a 10th anniversary getaway for September. I think we're going to hit the California Wine Country.

In my previous post I mentioned that I harassed James Gandolfini (aka Tony Soprano) at a Christmas Tree Lighting in Red Bank, NJ. He was about as friendly as Beetlejuice, only not as scary. Here's the photo...

He's actually way better looking in person than in the picture or on TV.

Oh, and my tennis team is currently in 2nd place. We had to win all 5 courts last match to move into first. Court 1 lost. I hate to say it, but I'm glad it wasn't me.

Have a great weekend! (And if you live in the Northeast, stay cool, it's gonna be a scorcher!)


17 comments:

justme said...

you know my fifth year anniversary is tomorrow !!

Linda S said...

Don't you know better than to piss off a crime boss? Had you been a little more enticing you could have had Court 1 taken "care of" if you know what I mean.

Katie Ryan said...

Hey, happy anniversary. I, too, just had my 16th.
Too bad for court 1, but, you're right ... just be glad it wasn't you.

Petunia said...

Happy Anniversary! I actually found your story about Beetlejuice quite interesting--I just didn't have anything clever to say about it!! I do remember him from H.Stern, though, when he was on T.V. and he was the strangest looking little guy. Stern would get these hooker-like girls to go out on dates with him and stuff like that. It must have been freaky to see him in Wendy's!

Melly said...

Congrats on the anniversary and big tennis win! With the Beetlejuice sighting, this sure has been one exciting week for you!

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary! and he looks like a dick! not even a smirk. jerk but wasn't he divorcing his wife at that time or something? and girl i totally used to listen to howard...

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! Sure was nice of y'all to put together this hot ol' weather so the adjustment to our new clime wouldn't be too abrupt.

Love your celeb pics!

IP

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

Love it!!

Belle (from Life of a...) said...

OH...I really miss Tony and Carmela, Paulie and ChristoPHA and the whole gang. Sunday nights just aren't the same.

CashmereLibrarian said...

Congratulations! Happy Anniversary!

sltbee69 said...

Happy belated anniversary! I just celebrated my 17th last month. You should be very proud because 10 years is nothing to sneeze at these days. I'm glad you and hubby are planning a get-a-way celebration.

Like someone else mentioned, I just didn't have much to say about Beetlejuice. It doesn't surprise me that he was an asshat though. The Tony Soprano picture - he just looks so thrilled (NOT) to be having his picture taken.

Can't wait to hear about how the rest of your tennis tournament went.

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

Happy Anniversary! It must be the season for anniversaries....I have read lots of blogs lately that have anniversary posts and mine is coming up too!

kolls said...

Happy anniversary! *laugh* I've heard JG is so not good with fans - kinda sad because the show's so huge!

Jaina said...

Happy anniversary! I hope you get your getaway. And in the meantime, I hope your 4 year old gets to feeling better. I'm sorry to hear about court 1 losing, but I'm glad that you were on a winning court.

MarĂ­a said...

Wait - is Beetlejuice friendly? LOL I honestly can't remember!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Happy Anniversary, a little late!

Hair Girl said...

I was scrolling down after reading that it was your 10th anninversary and said to myself, "Wow, her husband looks a lot like Tony Soprano!"

I am glad you aren't married to the mob!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.