7.28.2008

Gimme a P-A-P-E-R-W-O-R-K! What's that spell? A big pain in the ass!




My oldest daughter has decided that she wants to be a cheerleader this year. Quite frankly, I would much rather she double up on tennis lessons (duh), take swimming, or play soccer...but she chose cheerleading, so I'm going with it.






Anyway, I broke out the Pop Warner registration packet the other day, and I almost sh-t! I think a college application to Harvard would require less work than this!


In order for my daughter to start cheerleading they require 2 copies of her birth certificate, a photograph of her, her social security number, 2 copies of her latest report card, a physical form, and I need to sell at least $100 worth of ads for the Pop Warner ad journal. We also need to get measured for sneakers and uniforms, pay a $100 fee plus give a $150 deposit for the uniform.


I'm glad they aren't asking for DNA samples and copies of my tax records for the past 10 years! No wonder my friends with 4 kids are stressed out! Those of you with older children are used to this, but this is all new to me.



Anyway, I put the pedal to the medal and I'm halfway there with the paperwork. Tomorrow she gets her physical, and then I'm ready to turn in the 275 pages of documentation which will allow my child to attend cheerleading practice Monday night.


Yay mom!!!





13 comments:

Katie Ryan said...

I looked at an application for cheer leading the other day ... and then put it back down! I decided not to promote that. I'll wait for her to come to me.

Kay's Preppy Play Place said...

I LOVED cheerleading in high school - sorry the application is such a pain, though. Ugh.

Anonymous said...

ok - my daughter has been bugging me about cheerleaders and growing up a tomboy i don't need to tell you my take on this. but if she insisted on it i guess....but she'll be too tall for it i think. plus she's the least coordinated person i know. and she can'tdo a cartwheel to save her life.

Jill said...

Probably 5x more paperwork than they require for the person coaching and IN CHARGE OF the cheerleaders.

Belle said...

I hear ya sister. We started football last night. Two boys on the same team. The paper work, physicals, money, money and more money we have to pay x 2. And don't forget the uniforms, pads, practice uniforms, cleats, helmets x 2. I almost s***. We could have taken a second vacation! Are we having fun yet???

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Holy crap! That's crazy.

Anonymous said...

Why on earth do they need TWO copies of certain things? I had to fill out quite a bit of stuff for the boys to play football, which I hated doing, and while I normally have neat handwriting, I'm betting cash they can't read it, LOL

MommyTime said...

That is insane. Kinda' makes you want to chuck it all in, go to the fabric store for two skeins of yarn, and spend the afternoon with her making your own pom pons doesn't it? Not that this would last the whole season. But sheesh. You have much patience. And you have me terrified for what my life will be like 10 years from now!

sltbee69 said...

That is nuts! And what do they need her SSN for? This day in age of identity theft and fraud, you would think they wouldn't want that info? I'm crossing my fingers that my girl continues to not want to do cheer leading.

ShelbyAnne said...

You're an awesome mom and she'll thank you for it.

One day.

When she's 45...

Kim said...

I actually used to look forward to proctoring for IB test (aka sitting on your arse for three hours doing nothing at the school system central office while the kids take their tests).

I got so much paperwork done, it was unreal. Four kids = ridiculous amount of filling out forms.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't need to provide so much documentation when I traveled to Egypt!

Jaina said...

That sounds like a colossal pain in the neck. But I hope she likes it, and I hope you survive the paperwork overload!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.