7.10.2008

Enough with the hair already!














I promise I will stop posting pictures of my hair.  This is the last one.  

I'm sharing with you because I've been kind of busy the last week.  I went to a walk in place again last week, and this time I didn't walk out.  I let an old woman who used to cut hair at a retirement home ATTEMPT to fix the hatchet job I did on my head.  Needless to say, this woman, who cuts hair for $12 a pop was not exactly Vidal Sassoon.  I walked out of the joint looking like Doris Day.  Friends and neighbors commented "Oh, you got your hair cut!!!" And then there would be uncomfortable silence, because most people were incapable of saying it looked good.  It was BAAAD.

So today, I took both my kids to a reputable salon full of chic women and I shelled out the dough for a good cut!  Thank goodness I did.  Six months of growing out my short hair  down the drain, but at least I look like it's 2008 instead of 1958.  

The good news is, I look like my "Design-Her Girl" again!  (See sidebar.)

I won't be around until next week, we're heading to Vermont to visit with my husband's family.

Have a great weekend...and remember-never EVER cut your own hair.

P.S. Notice my eyebrows-I went to the Arch Angelz for my first eyebrow session-they did an awesome job with rehabilitating my over plucked brows.  I am in the process of growing them in, and in two weeks I return to get my arch refined.  This girl is turning it around!!!

Footnote:  For those who are asking-there will be no photos of the Doris Day hair posted for your entertainment.  I want to forget it ever happened.


27 comments:

Betsy, short for Elizabeth, formally known as Esther said...

You look marvelous dahling!

Enjoy VT!

linda said...

Yeah! You look terrific!

Belle said...

You look fantastic! Love it!
Have a great trip!

LunaNik said...

Looks good dollface! The hair and the eyebrows look great. I forgot all about the eyebrow place!!! Maybe I should apply for a job there and show them a thing or two *wink*.

Unknown said...

I think it looks GREAT!!!! Why were you trying to grow it out again? I have to say I like it better than your avatar pic....sorry, but I do!!

Anonymous said...

why no Doris day picture!? I would have loved to see that one- love your new look. have fun in vt!

Katie Ryan said...

Your hair looks so cute! I love it. And oh how I wish I had an arch angel!

Kaza said...

It's awesome. And I"m with ya on not posting the Doris Day. I think we can all imagine that one! The internet is forever, so one must be prudent. This reminds me that I need a good cut myself.

Anonymous said...

cute cut--looks like a good one for tennis! Bouncy.

Anonymous said...

i love the cut, but please, please can we see Doris Day???? Have fun in Vermont? What is the weather going to be???? It was a feels like 96 day here!

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC!! You look georgous!

No lie, I had my hair done yesterday and I HONESTLY thought of you! I started to ask for bangs...but couldn't bring myself to do it...not yet, I'm not ready for change, LOL

Have a great trip, be safe!

k e r r y said...

I love it!

I did the same thing - took a year to grow it out and then chopped it all off. I am once again trying to grow it out... long and slow process!

You look great!

jenn said...

Very cute! The cut really suits you!

Jaina said...

Looks super cute!

ShannanB said...

I love it. The stacking in the back is great and very hip!

Tickled Pink And Green said...

Toni & Guy give it two thumbs up!

Anonymous said...

ok I think you're gone- right? so in your honor I'm going to do your Tennis Tuesday- I had to- after what I experienced today. Unless you're back then I won't do a Tennis Tuesday- or is it Tuesday Tennis?

Linda S said...

very snazzy cut!

trisha too said...

VERY cute cut!

believe it or not, the husband cuts my hair.

the last time, as I watched in the mirror, he shook is head and sighed.

NOT what your stylist should do . . .

Bridget said...

very cute!! I can't wait to learn more about the arch angels!!! I need them!

Anonymous said...

Your hair looks great! (And I heart you on the cutting your own hair thing - I did it too. Bad. Very Bad.)

ShelbyAnne said...

It looks great! What a Hottie McHotterson you are!

emersonsmama said...

1. Hair looks lovely.
2. Brows look amazing! (jealous)
3. Have a great vacation!
4. We're arriving in VT Saturday. I'm doubting you'll be sticking around for that long, but leave me a message if you are and maybe I can sneak in a break from unpacking and we can meet up.

PS - Didn't I warn you? Never ever take short cuts with your hair. It is NOT worth any money you might save. Just think, had you listened to me, you would be $12 richer. That's some serious money. You could buy like 3 or 4 lattes with that. :-)

PPS - Only handing out the hair advice because I suffered my own el cheap-o butcher job in eighth grade. Really made the end of middle school pleasant as you can imagine. Girls are so sweet and considerate of each others' feelings at that age.

María said...

You look beautiful, and they brows are great!

Far From Perfect said...

have a great trip- I need a "style",been wearing the same doo for too long. My bangs are finally starting to come back. I hate the whole daily hair struggle. I am too old for a ponytail..

sltbee69 said...

Very cute! I'm with some of the other ladies, I wanna see the Doris Day picture. Please?!

Anonymous said...

i haven't been here in a long time...and i love your hair!! it's a really fresh and flattering style!
btw...my eyebrows...hellacious. i've been letting them grow in because i messed them up so badly...and i am wearing my sunglasses...constantly...even to bed! yeah, they're THAT bad!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.