7.04.2008

Check it out...


If you haven't already seen this website, you have to take a look.
"In the Motherhood" is a series of skits based on real Mom stories and performed by Chelsea Handler, Jenny McCarthy and Leah Remini. I especially love the camping sketch with Leah Remini. Funny stuff.

Happy 4th of July! We had a party last night...it was so much fun. (Too much fun.) Our town has AMAZING fireworks on the 3rd. The people who do the Macy's fireworks in Manhattan do our show on the river. It's the best fireworks I've ever seen. Since we live in walking distance to the beach, everyone comes to our house. We chow down, get liquored up and then walk down to the park at dusk.

Lots of HIGH CALORIE Margaritas...(I should have pulled out my low-cal recipe.) I spent all day yesterday cleaning, shopping, cooking and trying to keep the girls entertained while I prepared my house for the revelry.

At 6:30 our guests and their children descended upon our house...after the fireworks we all came back here to finish up all the food and wine.

I'm a tired little camper today. I wish I could say the same for my kids...

Enjoy your day-stay safe!!


11 comments:

Live.Love.Eat said...

Hi there. I am fairly new to your blog but been visiting often and have it on my blogroll (if that's ok). Just wanted to say hello. Your evening sounds awesome. I love to entertain and that all sounded perfect. But this 4th we'll be relaxing and letting someone else do all the work. Have a great holiday weekend!!!

Unknown said...

Love that site!!

Sounds like quite a fun time!! I hate those mornings after when the kids just don't grasp the concept of hungover! :)

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

I love those. They are hilarious. Wish the new ones would hurry up and come!

:) move to GA, please.

Linda S said...

hope you had a great holiday! i'll have to check out the site. i'm a big fan of King of Queens...

Christine said...

Holy Moley (or is it Moly?)...Chelsea Handler, Jenny McCarthy and Leah Remini together? How did I not know? Thank you!!!

Kaza said...

I've got to check that out. I saw a brief clip on t.v. yesterday out of context and was stunned for a second, thinking "Chelsea Handler is a MOTHER? Awesome." And then saw it was not actually a reality show. (My thought was "awesome" because if it had been true, she's the kind of mama with whom I'd want to have a glass -- or three -- of wine.

Far From Perfect said...

this weekend has been the longest holiday ever it seems. I am giving my liver a break.

kolls said...

I love Leah Remini!! King of Queens is still K's and my favorite show, thanks to DVRed reruns!

Anonymous said...

So many people have told me about that website and I've never checked it out. Must remedy that.

Low cal margaritas? Blasphemy!

April said...

how can u go wrong with those 3! it's all fun and games till someone loses an eye!

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

I posted about In the Mommyhood awhile back and I agree, it is HILARIOUS! I love that site!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.