5.20.2008

Terrible Tuesday: Gluttony


I can't believe it's Terrible Tuesday already !

I'm getting closer to the bottom of my 7 deadly sins list. So far I've covered vanity, sloth greed a
nd wrath. My next sin: GLUTTONY

What it is:
Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Why you do it: Because you were weaned improperly as an infant.

Your punishment in Hell will be: You'll be force-fed rats, toads, and snakes.

Associated symbols & suchlike: Gluttony is linked with the pig and the color orange. (Sorry Clemson Girl)

Most people associate gluttony with eating to0 much, but as you can see, gluttony can pertain to lots of things other than food. What am I a GLUTTON for? Let's see. The first thing that comes to mind is caffeine. I start my day with a cup of coffee and a Diet Coke. For a little variety I throw in tea, iced coffee, or a Starbuck's Cinnamon Dulce Latte. I continue to consume various forms of this stimulant throughout the day, with my last dose at approximately 7 PM. I KNOW it's not good for me, but I don't smoke, rarely drink and I don't do drugs-so as far as vices go-I don't feel too bad about it. (Although my boobs hurt all the time...and my OB/GYN says it's definitely because of the OBSCENE amounts of caffeine I imbibe each and everyday.) Sore boobs be damned. I love it-and I'm not giving it up!

I am also an enabler for my daughters' gluttony. They have so many Webkinz that I won't even list the amount on this blog-for fear that my husband will smother me with them in my sleep.

I am a glutton for tennis. When someone asks me to play I have to remind myself that I have MANY other responsibilities-much more pressing than a game of doubles.

I'm a glutton for "The Tudors," when time permits, my blog, talking on the phone and Swedish Fish. Honestly, I am a glutton for so many things-I could go on all day!

How's about you? What are you a GLUTTON for? (Other than reading Caffeine Court!)

If you want to check out some other bloggers' takes on the Seven Deadly Sins-click the Terrible Tuesday link above. There's never a dull moment on Lunanik's blog!


22 comments:

justme said...

reese's peanut butter cups
croutons
so many more !!

LunaNik said...

Of course you're a glutton for caffeine!! I would expect nothing less. I'm big on caffeine also. And my newest love? Sugar free Red Bull. OMG...addictive. Other fav gluttonous foods...turkey dinner, like the HUGE Thanksgiving turkey dinners. I could go back for thirds and fourths and still eat dessert with ease.

GetSmartGal said...

Great post, I left caffeine out of mine I already felt like I had confessed enough.

And The Tudors...I love it!! Charles aka Henry Cavill such a little cutie. Nice you gave me a starting point for LUST - thank you!!:)

The 5 Bickies said...

My list is too long...start with diet coke, shopping, home baked goods, and lots more!

GetSmartGal said...

Hey thanks for the comment...much appreciated!! I stumbled onto this website some good teasers = coffee good for sex drive, cuts pain after working out, antioxidants, yada yada!

Looks like it may be better for those coffee beginners but just incase you find something useful :)http://www.livescience.com/health/080519-coffee-facts.html

Maude Lynn said...

Caffeine. Oh, definitely, caffeine!

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

OMG. Gluttony = Orange = Clemson.

There you go.

Sums up the state of my arse in one easy mathematical equation.

BTW? This series of posts you're doing is so great. Would that I could be so clever. Love love love.

Lipstick said...

Caffeine...in any form. My favorite is Diet Dr. Pepper but caffeine tablets will do too!

Katie Ryan said...

caffeine is a definite; buying random things I don't need at Target and Marshall's; and certainly those dang Webkinz; tennis shoes; flip flops; tennis skirts. I could go on and on.

April said...

I'm with you on the coffee. It starts brewing before I wake up. After dinner, though, I switch to decaf. Did you get awful headaches when you were pregnant because of cutting back? I did. They were so bad, my doctor prescribed Vicodin.

Melissa said...

Chocolate
BBQ chips
Skim Milk
Shopping
Reality TV
Cheese
Potatoes

I know I have more (most of mine deal with food) but I can't think of them right now!

Meg said...

I'm a glutton for beer and M&Ms--together. My kids are with yours on the Webkinz (what a way to market to young comsumers).

Anonymous said...

ya know I did abruptly take the bottle from you @ 1 year just snatched it away never to be seen again !!!

Jaina said...

Disneyland, music (but those aren't bad things, right?) Strawberries, dark chocolate. Michaels. The internet. Haha, king, right there. Dang.

The Mrs. said...

I am a glutton for reality TV! I have issues!

ShelbyAnne said...

Candy, chocolate, sweet things, kiwis, popcorn, diet soda, cookies, cereal, fast food, french fries, mayonaise

Okay I'm just gonna stop there and say anything that I can gourge myself on, I do. Tee hee!!!

Suburban prep said...

Chocolate
Sweet tea
Pasta
Yarn for knitting.

jenn said...

Starbucks Iced Skinny Vanilla Latte
Hershey's Hugs
Shopping for Clothes

Anonymous said...

Smarties
reality tv
books
chips and salsa

and duh, coffee

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

Hmm, I have given up so much recently that I can't think of anything really! I no longer drink caffeine, I don't eat much....I guess you could say I'm a glutton for books, though. I love to read and I love to keep all of my books! One day I want a library in my home.

ShelbyAnne said...

This makes me think of the movie Seven.

And of this scene in Monty Python where this fat man says he can't eat one more thing, is pressed to have "one thin mint" does so and explodes. It's awesome.

Michele said...

I'm a glutton for chocolate of all kinds, and Classic TV!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.