5.08.2008

Caution-Quaint Filler Post Ahead-Proceed with Low Expectations!


Nothing worse than a big ol' bouquet of carnations and baby's breath...yuk.






Do you know what I love about this time of year? All the e-mails I receive from various stores reminding me of all the ways to "Pamper Mom" this Mother's Day.

I guess these retailers are onto the fact that Mom usually buys her own Mother's Day gifts -so I'm bombarded with special offers on spa treatments, perfumes, jewelry and clothing.

Mother's Day week is always a big week for me, because my birthday is on the 12th. So I get all my special gifts and pampering (in theory) at the same time of the year, every year.

My Mother's Day tradition? Planting flowers. I like to buy perennials, or flowering bushes and plant them on Mother's Day. Then I can look at the flowers and remember planting them with my daughters. When my mom lived local we used to do it together.

How about you? Do you have any special Mother's Day traditions?


7 comments:

LunaNik said...

Typically on Mothers Day, Hubs lets me sleep in and he takes charge of the kiddos all day so I may do what I please. However, it never fails that on Mothers Day, alone in my room watching the style network or some shit like that, that I miss my kids, the whole reason I celebrate Mothers Day in the first place. My day of rest doesn't usually last more than a few hours.

Katie Ryan said...

No, Mother's Day typically sux for me. My husband usually goes to work about mid-morning. He'll come home at the end of the day with some flowers or jewlery that he ran by and got at the first place he saw. The kids ... well, they forget it every year.
But don't cry me a river. They deliver big time at Christmas!

justme said...

no traditions, we just tried to treat mom extra nice. now i usually get a nice bfast made for me and some time away.

oh, and yes the mcdees got knocked down, they are rebuilding it - i knew ahead of time b/c i am such a damn regular. (as i sit eating a mcdess bfast right now - gotta haul up to 35 to get me some.)

Heather J. said...

My youngest birthday is on the
12th as well, so Mother's Day week is a frenzy of party planning and shopping!

Amy said...

I just get to sleep in, that's my one request! But this year I'm going with a bunch of other moms and we're gonna see Baby Mama, should be fun!

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

I love your tradition!
My birthday is 5/11, so it falls on Mother's Day this year.
Our tradition is, I cook lasagna at my parents' house. Since I met DH, we usually all celebrate together, so his Mom, Grandma, and Aunt will be coming to my parents' house on Sunday.
I'm looking forward to it!
Last year, I even found matching shirts for me and both DD's. It was SO Cute!

linda said...

That's so funny, my daughter's b-day is May 12 th too! She's my Mother's Day present!!!No traditions here-

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.