5.11.2008

Stranded on Mother's Day...


My husband is such a sweet guy. About an hour ago he took my daughters out to give me some "Mom Time" alone. I was all psyched to run to Marshall's and try and find a $40 Ed Hardy t-shirt. Unfortunately, he took my car and he has the keys to his car with him. So I'm stranded.






My loss is your gain...because now you get to hear all about my weekend so far! (Lucky you.)

Okay, here goes...

Yesterday we took the girls to Rainforest Cafe. Have you ever been there? Kid heaven, parent hell. I was thrilled to see how happy my girls were when we got there. Of course there was a huge gift shop right up front...there were snakes and butterflies hanging from the trees, fog and rain dripping down from the ceiling. It was like a little piece of Disney right here in Jersey!


The hostess seated us at a table right near the gorillas. I thought that was a good thing. Suddenly, the Congo drums started beating, the trees started shaking and the apes pounded their chests. My 4 year old daughter, who is normally really brave LOST IT! She looked like an antelope being chased by a lion! She started trembling and crying and then booked out the door! We couldn't convince her to come back into the restaurant, so I suggested we go to The Cheescake Factory. Well THAT idea almost pushed my 8 year old over the edge. Sooo, Dad and Catherine went to the food court and older sis and I sat down for an overpriced meal in the Rainforest.

After that fiasco, we decided to go see "Speed Racer." We purchased 4 tickets and as we entered the theater I had an epiphany! What the hell was I doing going to see "Speed Racer" on my Mother's Day/birthday weekend?!

Hubby agreed to watch the movie with the girls while I had 2 hours of uninterrupted shopping time. FUN! FUN!



I got a really cool makeup kit from Lorac at Sephora. It's called the "Hollywood Heat Set." Lots of fun stuff including a blush/bronzer duo, delicious lip gloss and a gorgeous eye shadow trio. All for only $35. I got the last one, so rush to Sephora NOW and grab one before they sell out!





I also hit the Steve & Barry's store and checked out Sarah Jessica Parker's "Bitten" line. Some of the stuff was really cheap looking, but I got some really cool sunglasses-a total knock off of the Coach Cordelia sunglasses for $8.00. I also got an awesome gold tone locket on a really long chain that doesn't look cheap at all for $7.00-BONUS!


This morning I slept in until 10:30! What the hell is wrong with me?! I loved it though. I can't wait until next year to do it again!


Okay, well this post killed about a half hour of my time. I guess I'll surf the net and check out some of your blogs until the troops come home...or maybe I can hitchhike to Marshall's. Or I could paint the 50 African pots in my basement for next week's Art Show-NAAAH...

How was your Mom's Day?


16 comments:

LunaNik said...

Oh how frustrating. But, I totally know how you feel because we are a one car family so whenever hubs is at work or otherwise gone...I'm stuck. It's terrible. I'm glad to hear you're making the best of it though! Happy Mothers Day!!

MommyTime said...

I'm sorry you got stranded...but I hope you had a relaxing time anyway. The makeup looks scrumptious, by the way. Happy Mother's Day!

The 5 Bickies said...

You are taking the stranded thing a lot better than I would. I agree about Rainforest Cafe...kids love it I hated it. Glad you had a fun weekend. I have been wanting to go to Steve & Barry's...looking for a navy shirt dress. Anything?

justme said...

a fear of mine is being stranded at home. i start looking for his keys and pray he didn't take them with him !

Unknown said...

Even though you were stranded, at least you still had some mom time....just not out shopping. Hmmmm, maybe he did that on purpose?

I hope you had a nice day anyway...you deserve it! :)

yellojkt said...

I went for a Mothers Day Bicycle Ride. The Mothers Day part was that our son was at a friend's and she could sleep in while I rode my bike.

Ruth said...

Thanks for the warning about Rainforest Cafe. There's one not too far from us, and I was waiting for my daughter to be old enough to go (she'd definitely get that petrified antelope thing going on). I didn't think of the gift shop trap at the front - no thank you!

Nice to hear you got some goodies on your weekend! :)

Melly said...

Sounds like you made the best of it. Sleeping until 10:30 am...what a treat!

Rachel said...

My husband would so pull something like that... taking both sets of keys ;-) Well meaning darlings that they are. I'm glad you got some you time and some goodies!! That Sephora set looks delicious! Fun, Fun.
I have a Bitten Skirt and a pair of the jeans. They're not bad. They were $8 each and they're good for cold playground days :-) Happy late Mom's day.

Preppy Lizard said...

That is too funny that your hubby had both keys. That is so something that would happen to me. I hope the rest of your Mother's Day was great!

Angie McCullagh said...

I have a crush on Rainforest Cafe because they made my food allergic son an awesome meal he could actually eat. And actually wanted to.

Sometimes being stranded at home isn't such a bad thing...

Angie (from AllAdither.com)

MarĂ­a said...

We're a one car family and it's hell! But @ least you didn't have to see Speed Racer! :P

CashmereLibrarian said...

Rainforest Cafe smells. Like mildew. I'm so happy my boys are grown and I never have to go to Chucky Cheese or KayBee toys ever again.
Speaking of which, I spent my Mother's Day 1) seeing my baby boy graduate from college and then 2) hosting a party for 30-plus people. Unfortunately the weather was dreadful and so it was a very COZY gathering in our tiny house, but there was plenty of wine flowing so no one cared.
Hell to wake up and go to work today, though.

Karen MEG said...

That is exactly what my hubs does with the keys ... too funny! Not so funny for him when he does it, though, just sayin ;). I let him live, though.

The kids will NOT go into Rainforest cafe, the boy (8)thinks it's cheesy and the girl is terrified (3) ... and I'm glad because the food generally stinks and it's expensive.

Happy Mommy shopping time is a great way to spend Mother's Day, though! WTG on the purchases!!!

Amy said...

Oh my little one absolutely loses it everytime we go to Rainforest Cafe. But somehow we are duped into going back because she says she won't be scared. But ours has the added bonus of a money sucking Build a Bear as well.

Hope you had a great Mother's Day and finally got to get out of the house!

ssgreylord said...

Mother's Day can be full of surprises... you sound like you made the best of it. P.S. I just keep a second set of keys in the house in case that happens to me. It works brilliantly.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.