11.25.2009

Something for everyone...AKA "The Look for Less"

I thought I'd hold off on posting until Monday, but since it's almost Black Friday, I had to give you some shopping info.

First off, Preppy Player directed my attention to this J. Crew Long Boyfriend Blazer and the minute I saw it, I loved it. At $215 I thought I'd wait until Christmas and get it as a gift. (Although J. Crew is having a 20% off sale this weekend, so you can get it for $175.)


But then, I saw this...



...at Ann Taylor Loft. The Bi-Stretch wool blazer for $128. This blazer is almost IDENTICAL to the J. Crew one. The only difference I saw was the thin belt that came with it, which I hated, so I threw it away. The day I bought this Loft was having a 30% off sale, so I snagged this baby for less than $90. (Sorry the picture is so small, it's all I could get.)




Next up, jewelry. I have been eyeing up this Anthroplogie Stormy Sea necklace for quite some time. My friend Jenny has it in the Sea Foam version. (No longer available) and I love the way it looks on her.

Then I saw NieNie wearing it on The Today Show and I had to have it. I went into Anthropologie and tried on the latest version in this cream color. Bummer. It looked stupid on me. Some people remove a couple of stones from the ends and they say that can make a difference. You might try that.





What I did find was this necklace. The Anthroplogie Radiant Necklace. It comes in this gorgeous berry color, and an awesome pale slate blue.

It was so hard to decide, but since I could only get one, I went with the slate. It was on sale for $28, on-line it's still $48, so I guess I got lucky!!

I might go back for the berry in a few weeks.


So there you have it. If you are out and about this shopping weekend, take a trip to Ann Taylor Loft, J. Crew and Anthropologie. Compare and contrast these items, and then let me know how it all turned out for you.

In return, I hope you will let me in on any of your latest fashion finds.

We fashionistas need to look out for eachother! (Yeah, that's right, I called myself a fashionista...you got a problem with that?)


8 comments:

Jaina said...

Looks like you've found some great deals! :)

The 5 Bickies said...

Cute shopping finds!
Love the savings...the Loft blazer and Anthro necklace together were still cheaper than J. Crew coat. You saved so much go get the other necklace too!

The Chic Chauffeur said...

Ok, I love this blazer.... Ann Taylor Loft is kind of J Crew-ish this year, isn't it! I want to see a pic of you in it!!!!

The Chic Chauffeur said...

Did you get the Claire? That one was my favorite too....

Formerly known as Frau said...

Love the necklace! Have a happy thanksgiving!

Dr Zibbs said...

You missed a great West Chester tweet up last night.

Also, are you able to help me with a Thanksgiving miracle?

whoknows said...

I just found the solution to the holiday shopping season!

Has anyone ever hear of Foosh mints?

Apparently they're more powerful than a cup of coffee AND they're giving them away for FREE!

I just signed up for their free trial program at https://www.fooshenergytrial.com/freeoffer/

Turns out they come in chocolate as well (so, I ordered some of them too; someone needs to take my credit card away).

They should be here in a couple of days. I'll report back and let you know how they work.

Love the blog jill.

preppyplayer said...

Thanks for the heads up! I think my daughter would love it and I love the price.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.