11.15.2009

The Thrill of Victory, The Agony of a Brazilian Wax


There are certain advantages to having a stomach bug, one of which is the ability to surf the net all day long, in between trips to the loo.

Since I was feeling under the weather today, I had the chance to sign up for Google Wave, tend to my Farm, Cafe and Island on Facebook and read up on all the latest news on-line.

In my cyber travels, I happened upon this little gem. The Lingerie Football League. "True Fantasy Football."

Yes, Dr. Zibbs, you heard me correctly. Ladies lingerie football. Some of the teams include the Miami Caliente, The San Diego Seduction, The Philadelphia Passion and our local favorite, The New York Majesty. Oh and yes, we can't forget The Denver Desire, which plays at Dick's Sporting Goods Park. You can't make this stuff up people.

Apparently most of the players have experience in other college level competitive sports such as volleyball, track and field, softball, or soccer. The most important thing though, is that they look good in the skimpy little uniforms. Take a look:

I am totally serious when I tell you that the ex-captain of my ladies tennis team would hike her tennis skirt up as short as these uniforms and assume a frog like position between points. NOT A GOOD LOOK. Oh and P.S. She does NOT look like these ladies.

Does this post have a point? Not really, but I'm going to come up with something.

OH!! Here's a good point. As I stated earlier. These ladies all competed in athletics at the college level. Now look at them.

So here's my point. If you have an athletic daughter, make sure she gets good grades and lines up a good job after college.

Seriously, after all the years of hard work, determination and personal sacrifice it takes to become a collegiate athlete, would you want your daughter playing for the Dallas Desire?


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have heard of this league... laughable to us but I bet the guys love it!

Unknown said...

oh my i couldnt get past the stomache bug and loo part...lol...I feel your pain...except i havent been able to research leagues of this sort...I just now feel like sitting up...UGH

I can only hope to look this good one day!

Dr Zibbs said...

I heard about this on the radio the other day and need to look into it further.

preppyplayer said...

When I read your subject on my feed, I rushed over to see if you had won your last match and then finally succumbed to a Brazilian...

Relieved that it was just a tummy flu.

Jaina said...

I hope you feel better soon Jill! I can't believe they have a league like this...I'm sure a guy had to have come up with it. Yikes!

Tara R. said...

Kinda puts 'Powder Puff' football to shame...

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

My only comments is: WTF.

&& feel better soon!

Kittie Howard said...

Must've been a guy who thought this up...hope you're feeling better.

Bridget said...

I'm with brown eyed girl - WTF (why the face!)

Hope you are feeling a little better today!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.