11.09.2009

Nothing worse than a stale blog post...

EXCEPT...having a GREAT blog post all lined up, but being to busy to actually write it! I was so fired up last week, and I should have vented while I was hot, but I just couldn't, and now...well, time has passed and I'm just not as annoyed.

I can tell you this. I love my friends, but I don't always love their taste in friends. Unfortunately every once in awhile, I am forced to interact socially with some people I would love to avoid like the plague.

(This is good, I can feel the my angry juices starting to flow....I'd better keep going...)

Have I told you about my town? If I haven't, I'll give you a little background. I live in a town where 80% if the people are loaded...if they aren't loaded, alot of them want to appear to be loaded. We have alot of Wall Streeters and they live in huge homes, with lots of land, take amazing trips, work out at the nicest gyms and have tennis courts and pools in their yards...(in addition to their country club memberships.)

I live in the part of town that actually has a teeny tiny bit of diversity. My neighborhood is NOT full of investment bankers. I tend to hang out with people in my own tax bracket. It's weird, but it just kind of works out that way.

I LOVE where I live. It's gorgeous, close to NYC, and the beach, the schools are awesome and my taxes are low. I do my thing and don't spend my time kissing people's butts, trying to get into the right clubs or attending fundraisers every Saturday night. To some people, that makes me of no use to them. They prefer to hob nob with people they deem "worthy" of their time.

What really stinks is when I have to sit next to these losers and make conversation at a cocktail party or girl's night out.

To be continued...




8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, I feel for you. Snobs suck. Even in my rural little midwest town there are those who try to act like high society, and it's funny really.

The 5 Bickies said...

I can so relate and am on the edge of my seat to hear more...

Maureen said...

Oh yes... just had this conversation with a friend yesterday. It's a universal issue... can't wait to hear more.

PaperCourt said...

I can't wait to hear!

I was just ranting about people who complain about money but drive $50,000 cars. Apparently, they want to look like they have money.

Kate said...

Yes....I will have to sit with a few of that breed at Thanksgiving. Not looking forward to it:(

Sandra said...

Nothing more annoying than that superficial, shallow, snobby group at the party. And they are always working so hard to impress that it is almost hilarious. Not almost - it is hilarious! xoxo

Formerly known as Frau said...

Can hardly wait for more....

House and Garden Boutique said...

You are so right......I've been there. We used to live in a Connecticut community that was like that.....those type people are so boring. They have no substance at all. I'm like you, I like real people.....down to earth people.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.