12.08.2009

Soap Talk


This has been on my mind, so I thought I might as well share it with you.

I've been thinking alot about soap. I wash my hands alot. Especially lately, with all the talk about H1N1.

I go to the supermarket and the drugstore a couple of times a week. As I browse the soap aisle I never EVER buy bar soap anymore. I just find it gross.

I don't mind it straight out of the package, but once it's been used, it gets so foul! I hate the way it gets all soft and mushy and it never completely dries. I also hate when it gets little hairs stuck in it. Who's hair is that? If you get little hairs on the soap, make sure you get rid of them for god's sake!!!


We also travel and visit relatives pretty often and we have overnight guests frequently. I do NOT want to offer my guests my smooshy used soap to use in our guest shower. Who knows what people do with that bar of soap?

Seriously. I am not a neat freak, but that is just plain gross.

I did some research, and my hatred of bar soap is not really valid. Pump soap can have just as much germs.

Bottom line is, if you ever come visit me, you will have a nice fresh tube of shower gel to use when you step into my bathroom.

I can't promise that you won't step in dog puke, but I can assure you that you will never, EVER, have to wash your face with a bar of soap that's cleaned the private parts of another person.

Pinky swear.


9 comments:

Maureen said...

Here's the trick. Take the bar soap out of the box after you buy it. Let the air get to it long before it's used, then it doesn't get so mushy. It dries out a bit, but works just as well with water. Plus it lasts longer.
Now, that's my helpful hint for the day.

Mama Wheaton said...

You could buy his and her and them soaps?

Poolside with the Girls said...

I use shower gel too. No bars here. I santize the pump on the soap container and faucets at each sink in the house after the kids go to bed every day. Does that make me a weird germ phob?

I hate bar soap.

Anonymous said...

I don't mind sharing bar soap with my husband and sons, but if any house guests are here they get their own bar. I hate cleaning the mushy mess where the bar soap sits on the shower shelf, too.

Anonymous said...

i'm sure you are a lovely hostess. i save (steal) hotel gels/shampoo to put out for guests when they stay. i have quite a little collection. . .

Jaina said...

I agree about the bar soap. I also don't like the way my skin feels after I use it. I honestly haven't used bar soap in probably 10 years...it's all about body wash. Maybe those electric soap dispensers are more sanitary?

Tara R. said...

Maybe you could keep all the little bars of soap from hotels and use a new bar every time.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

"Who knows what people do with that bar soap?"

bwhahahahahaha....

By the way, is your pug shedding yet? Oooh when my pugs shed (several times a year) it drives.me.crazy. Especially since I don't want to get them "shaved" in winter b/c they need their fur to keep warm. Such a dilemma. Their hair gets on EVERYTHING. Ugh.

PaperCourt said...

I like bar soap in the shower but not at the sink. And I always give my guests a fresh bar.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.