12.17.2009

Don't let my rough exterior fool you....


As I travel from blog to blog I notice that so many people are sharing cute pictures of their holiday decorations and adorable holiday stories.

I, on the other hand, have stories about murderous dolls and drunk 4 year olds.

What is WRONG with me?

Why do I always have to be inappropriate?

Is there a psychoanalyst in the house?

I promise you, I do like Christmas.

Here are some of my favorite things about this time of the year.

1. I actually feel like going out and socializing. Don't get me wrong, once I get my butt out the door I ALWAYS have a good time, but sometimes I'm slow to commit. When Christmas comes around I feel the goodwill towards my fellow man, and I love to celebrate.

2. The excitement that my children feel.

3. Photo Christmas cards. I LOVE getting them and seeing how all my friends' and relatives' children have grown.

4. Our annual tradition of traveling to a farm in Pennsylvania and cutting down the family tree. So far the farmer hasn't caught us, so it's all good. ;)

There's more, but I'm sleepy, so I'm going to bed, with visions of sugarplums dancing in my nutty little head.

(Oh and one more thing, for as much as I love Thanksgiving and Christmas...I HATE New Year's Eve...seriously. HATE it.)


6 comments:

preppyplayer said...

I am anti new Years too! When I use to bartend we would call it amateur night.

Anonymous said...

New Year's was fun when I was 19 or 20. After that it just felt overrated.

Formerly known as Frau said...

I totally believe you....I can see you in a Christmas sweater and matching earrings....okay thats probably not true but I bet you are rockin the holiday music in car pool lane today! New years eve is over rated. Have a wonderful weekend!

The 5 Bickies said...

Marry, Merry!

I too hate New Year's Eve...overdone. I am always happy to stay home.

Anonymous said...

You know I like Christmas but I really hate those freakin' typed letters people send to everyone. If I know you and keep in touch with you, then I don't need a freakin' letter.

But if I know you and we don't talk often, you should put a piece of scandalous gossip in your letter to make it worth my time to read it. Like last year when my uncle referred to my cousin's "Lady Friend" and this year when my dad's college BFF said that his 18 year old son is expecting a baby this February with his girlfriend...those little tidbits make it WORTHWHILE!

That's just my opinion!

And NYE is overrated. I'm hoping hubs likes a quiet dinner for the two of us this year so I can get out of partying like an aging rockstar next year.

Sandra said...

I love you and your posts whether you like or hate anything!!
xoxo

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.