10.28.2009

Torn Between Two Sluggers...














Tonight's the night...game one of the Turnpike Series...Yanks vs. Phils!! And I'm torn...I feel like Richard Williams must feel when Serena and Venus play each other in the Ladies' Finals at Wimbledon.

My two favorite baseball teams have both risen to the top, but only one will be World Series Champion.

Who do I pick? The team I loved and watched many times at Veteran's Stadium while growing up in West Chester, Pennsylvania, or the local favorite here in Northern Jersey?

Who do I choose???

I feel like Meryl Streep in "Sophie's Choice."

Sometimes life can be very, very, cruel.


11 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

Phillies! Don't be a traitor.

Bridget said...

As you know I am literally in the same boat (again) - West Chester and all- Hey, are we sisters??!... I've jumped ship and as you know am a full fledge Yankee fan. Hub is from NY and he has brain washed our kids. Their excitement for this team is contagious! Go Go Go Yanks!! Plus, I love their clean cut rule - makes the players more handsome to me ;)

simplynotso said...

enough with the music and brie is from wc too?

Anonymous said...

We live mindfully in the present..therefore, North Jersey wins. Here we go Yankees, here we go!!!!!!!

Alexis Black said...

What up with the tunes?

Sandra said...

THE YANKEES.

Bridget said...

I am sort of from West Chester - isn't that funny? Moved there in 8th grade. I went to St. Agnes but went to hs in Delaware. My sisters went to Unionville - we lived in Radley.

justme said...

didn't you live in nyc for a while ??? Yankesss sista

Formerly known as Frau said...

Yankees all the way!!

Anonymous said...

Born & raised in Boston - yup, a Sox fan for sure. However, my husband, he's a PA native (further up the PENNA turnpike in the ole Wilkes-Barre/Scranton neck o' the woods) & grew up ADORING the Phils. He has now adopted the Sox (sucked in by the fan craziness around here) as his team, but being Sox fans, we simply CAN'T cheer for the Yanks, so it has to be the other team ... and I guess, in this case, we (I mean he) is glad it's the Phils.

Anonymous said...

Phillies Jill listen to your Mother

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.