10.20.2009

If it's none of my business...

THEN DON'T POST IT ON THE INTERNET!!

We live in an age where people like to live in the public eye. Facebook, Twitter, blogs. We can all be celebrities in our own little realm. The thing with being a celebrity is...we lose our privacy. ESPECIALLY when we CHOOSE to put it out there.

Here are some examples. My neighbor and his wife love (let's call them Bob and Darlene) to have arguments on Facebook.


Here is an actual example of one of their Facebook exchanges:

Bob status update: Hungover. Had too much to drink last night and told wifey she needs to lose weight. Sorry babe...I love u.

Diane: Looks like someone needs to go to AA.
Diane's friend: He's an a**hole!!
Diane: Yeah, he was drinking tequila all afternoon and then said I shouldn't wear jeans because it made my butt look big.

Hello!!! Do you people know that people read Facebook? Do we need to know about your marital conflict and drinking problem?! (Actually, it's pretty interesting...keep up the good work!)

Or, there are those who blog about INTIMATE relationship details, and then in the next post, complain that their lives are nobody else's business and that everyone should mind their own business. Hey! You just TOLD us everything, so if someone asks how you are doign, don't get all huffy. YOU put it out there!

Sooo, since I'm not a hypocrite, feel free to ask me about my dogs' flea problem, my boot obsession, or my messy house. There are other issues in my life, but don't ask about them. UNLESS, of course, I Tweet, Facebook or blog about it.

In which case, it's all fair game.


18 comments:

Dr Zibbs said...

Please post a picture of your butt.

Greens and Pinks said...

Bob and Diane, that is freaking ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Adults really act like that? I mean, I'm only 26 and my friends do that kind of stuff on FB. I was hoping that it'd be a habit that one grows out of. Wonderful to know. Seriously?

On a happier note, what boots are we obsessed with?

justme said...

please tell me they are younger than 30 ?

Caffeine Court said...

To be more precise, it's my next door neighbor's son and his wife. They are about 30.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's not cool having marital arguments on facebook. But for the bystanders, sort of entertaining, no?

a. said...

Couldn't agree more.

Anonymous said...

If that post isn't true, then is ought to be. I've seen so many 'personal' conversations on Facebook both between friends and ABOUT friends talking about each other.

Just because you post it to your 'Wall' doesn't necessarily mean you won't be caught without your panties around your ankles.

(I found your blog through Dr. Zibbs @TheBlueYak. I intend to follow. Fun stuff!)

preppyplayer said...

Wow, that sounds like GOOD stuff. I have issues with people facebooking about BORING stuff. Why do I need to know that it" is a beautiful autumn day, took walk." or " cleaned house, feel good?"

I want " Son got out of prison today!" or "Rehab sucks!"
why else would I read FB?

Alexis Black said...

So funny. Now THAT is a reason to keep FB. I wish more of my friends were dishing on FB like that!

Alexis Black said...

I meant to say "FBing". Is that a verb now?

Jaina said...

Lol, AMEN Jill. Why do people not understand this? It's not hard. Also...Darlene or Diane? ;)

Anonymous said...

I rarely post on facebook- but my brother in law seems to be developing a drinking problem- that is unless it's ok to only be happy if you have a drink or 10 in you. My husband likes to count the rounds he has .... I hate that they have to be so personal in their public place

Poolside with the Girls said...

I have fb "friends" that are in their 40's and they are married arguing drinkers. I consider their publicly posted arguments to be a form of entertainment.

I call it drunk booking.

It's hystercial. This couple will go on another person's wall and start drunk arguing. The next day they go back and delete it all.

Here is my question...do couples that engage in this form domestic bliss have two computers in their home or are they wrestling for the same keyboard?

It's sad..I have never thought to contact my husband via facebook. It's so much easier to just look up and say "hey you over there..."

Guess I'm old school...

Yellow Beads said...

What happens in Vegas...stays on Facebook :)

Coffee with Cathy said...

At least your neighbors don't have their conversations at the top of the lungs in their driveway at 1 a.m. That's something, at least.

Maureen said...

That's too much... I can't tell you the number of times I have cringed after reading either a post or a comment from a friend or family member on FB. Sometimes, I think I need to disconnect from it.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Drunk FBing...It's like drunk dialing. Ah ha

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.