10.22.2009

Caffeine Court: It's All About ME!!!

This is MY blog, so I'm going to talk about ME. When I'm done you can talk about yourself, OR we can keep talking about ME.

The following is stuff that I've been dealing with.

My hair: After trying to grow it long, I caved and now it's SHORT again. Oh well. I can spend a few months trying to grow it out again, and then I'm sure I'll butcher it again. That's just what I do.

My dogs: It appears that the flea infestation of my home is under control. On Monday I was ready to snap, but I soldiered on...spraying, vacuuming, shampooing and washing. Please pray for us. If they come back I might just lose my sh*t.

Tennis: Things in the tennis department are good. I might have to get a sports agent to negotiate my team play. There's already wheeling and dealing going on for the Spring season, and I'm not sure I'm prepared to handle it. It's a pressure cooker and I have alot of demands that I want met. I hope I make the right choice.

Fashion: I've had a fixation on the J. Crew catalog and I can't stop looking at it. I wonder how I would look wearing 3 chunky necklaces, a ruffly shirt, boyfriend jeans, bright ankle socks and pumps. I think I know the answer. Only 20 year old hot models can pull off that look. Middle aged housewives look asinine in 3 chunky necklaces, a ruffly shirt, boyfriend jeans, bright ankle socks and pumps.

So there you go. I'll bet this post makes you long for one of my political rants. I've been holding off on that. Why? Because some of the nuttiness that's been going on is quite frankly too much for me to take, so I'll just stick to hair, pets, sports and clothes.

Okay. Enough about me.

How are YOU?


10 comments:

a. said...

Love the Crew on other people. Looks like crap on me!

Jaina said...

You should post a picture of the cute new do ;)

OHmommy said...

LOVING jcrew too. And hating the political post brewing in my head. I just can't get it to shut up!

You should come over here tomorrow and we can discuss. Stat.

Anonymous said...

I don't mind, I'd rather hear what's new with eveyrone than discuss politics. How short did you go? And we battled fleas last year when somehow our inside cat got them. It was horrible, but we made it and have been flea free since. (KNOCK ON WOOD!)

Maureen said...

I am with you on the hair...my hairdresser just laughs when I say I am growing it out. He knows in 6 or 12 or 18 weeks, it'll be over and he can cut, cut, cut. As for J Crew... I am all about the crewcuts. I can't wear the clothes, but the shorties can!

Jill said...

Hair, thank god it grows.

JCrew ruffles and 5,875 necklaces. Love how it looks in the catalog. Hate it with a passion on me.

Sandra said...

I just recently had the same conversation with my BDiL about J. Crew. Love those crazy combos on their models. The explosion of color - wow!! But in real life on me - I don't think so. Do y'all use Frontline on the animals?? xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I've just found your blog and I'm loving it.
I'm growing my hair after cutting it short, shorter, too short ... so now I'm trying to remember to B.R.E.A.T.H.E. when I catch sight of just HOW short it is.
You know, the usual... :)

Kim said...

My large arse hasn't fit in JCrew since back when I used to be able to afford it (before I had to start buying for my kids). Actually, they don't even like it anymore. This could be seen as a good thing.

I'm always in a state of "what to do with my hair" but it's been about the same length for the last twenty five years, so obviously it's all in my head...or is that on my head. Ok, I'll stop.

Anonymous said...

you can pull off the jcrew look--i've seen a picture of you. just lose the socks/pumps.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.