10.07.2009

Fashion is my Life!


Well, kind of.

You'd never know by looking at me, but I LOVE fashion.

I don't dress like a model. As a matter of fact, you'll usually find me in jeans and a sweater or fleece, but under this drab exterior lies the heart of a shopaholic.

When at the magazine rack I go right past the home decor, cooking and exercise magazines and head right towards Harper's, Lucky and Elle. I never pass up an In Style or a People Style Watch.

Sometimes I stay up into the wee hours of the morning on the laptop looking at celebrity outfits and Polyvore. Sometimes I sit on the couch, in a trance staring at the Garnet Hill and J. Jill Catalogs.

My idea of heaven is a leisurely walk through Nordstrom looking at the shoes, the jewelry, and the clothing displays. I love all the colors, the textures, I love it ALL!

My favorite stores these days are Anthropologie and J.Crew. Their products are like little works of art. I absolutely adore just about everything in those stores.

Here's a fun fact...did you know that Anthropologie Stores were designed to appeal to 30- to 40-something affluent professional women with total family annual income above $200,000? Take a look at the price tags in the store and it becomes abundantly clear.

If I had an unlimited budget I would have a closet full of cashmere ruffled cardigans, textured ribbon tees, and vintage matchstick cords.

Since I DON'T have an unlimited budget, I have to be smart about my purchases.

When I glance into my closet and see some of the bad fashion choices I've made, it depresses me. Shoes I bought on sale, that hurt my feet, stupid trendy crap that I got at H&M, stretched out sweaters from Target. CHEAP!

Then I look at some of my good choices. My Barbour Eskdale barn jacket that I've worn for YEARS. My Helen Ficalora initial charm that I wear almost everyday. My Coach Zoe bag that cost me a bundle, but that I carry ALL THE TIME. These were wise purchases, and I feel no regret that I made them.

If you've been following me on Twitter, you know I am now on a quest for the perfect pair of winter everyday boots. I could just run to the mall and grab something that's okay, but not great. I don't want to settle. I want boots that I LOVE.

I'm on a mission people.

In the meantime, I'll settle for stalking the sale racks at Anthro and J.Crew, waiting and watching for those $75 t-shirts to go on clearance and living the life of an undercover fashionista...with caviar dreams, and a beer budget.




6 comments:

Kim said...

That's interesting about Anthropologie. I must live in a weird area, because it's been a late high school/college place for my girls. I love to go in there and just look at the displays. So creative.

Good luck on the boots. It's so hard to find just the right ones. Have you looked at Coach? J2's bf got a pair last year and they are to die for.

The Blushing Hostess said...

It is my life too, so... nice to meet you! Randall Loeffler boots this season or the Tory B. Jacksons... and if you want a big heel, Ferragamo has some killer styles. Hope I helped?!

Yellow Beads said...

I buy for hubby and kids too much--and seem to forget about ME!

Kate said...

Hope I didn't give you a bum steer w/ the Frye Campus recommendation.

As far as loving Antropologie goes...you have to check out anthroholic.blogspot.com if you don't already read it. I think she is doing some sort of giveaway right now too...I didn't read it that carefully - just saved it for later in bloglines.

Julia@SometimesLucid said...

I tried on a pair of Donald J. Pilner boots that I'm in love with. just waiting for them to go on sale :)

Constant Frivolity said...

I think not being able to lose the 20-30 lbs. I need to lose is God's way of keeping me out of the poor house. If I were a smaller size, I would be a shopaholic.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.