8.19.2009

Progress Report

It's time for a little progress report on my ADHD. A reader suggested that I get a prescription for a drug called Adderall. Apparently it is life changing for those of us afflicted with this horrible disorder. I love the idea of taking a pill and curing my ailment, (f-you Tom Cruise) but I'm too lazy to see a doctor right now, so I'm taking steps to overcome my disorder without meds.

Here are some steps I've taken to increase my focus and productivity:

One of the techniques I've been using is to put my Blackberry in a difficult to reach spot. If I'm downstairs I leave it upstairs, and visa versa. This has been very effective, not only in cutting down on distractions, but also in getting a better night's sleep.

I used to sleep with the Blackberry next to the bed, and I was always tempted to look at it when I saw the red light blinking. Now, I leave it in the kitchen, and eliminate the temptation to take a peek at Facebook or Twitter.

Another motivating factor in my quest for focus, has been my husband/life coach/drill sergeant. God bless the guy. Last week he not only put down hardwood floors in both my kids bedrooms (after working 8 am until 7 pm). He also succeeded in getting me to organize and purge MASSIVE amounts of books, toys and clothes. I fought him tooth and nail, but he managed to get me to FOCUS and get the job done. (Almost.) The weight that has been lifted off my shoulders is massive.

I felt overwhelmed by all the crap my daughters and I have accumulated, and now life seems so much more manageable.

That's all I'm going to say about that. For now.

On to tennis.

This summer was a good one for me. I went 6-0 in my team doubles matches. My team came in first place out of 10 teams. I had fun. I loved my teammates. What a difference from my pitiful singles season this spring.

Finally, if you're not Twittering. Do it. It's like a party on my computer. And make sure you follow me. My tweets are top notch. Believe it or not, they might even be better than my 2 year old blog.

Hard to imagine, isn't it?


5 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Glad you got your focus back...my med of choice is coffee and lots of it. And the fact my husband leaves post it notes reminding me of my honey do's!

Dr Zibbs said...

Koo Koo

Koo Koo

Anonymous said...

I've been without a phone for a week now and SURVIVED! whooo hooo! LOL I'm ready to have it back though!

Maureen said...

You crack me up...I was most productive this week when I lost my i-phone.

Unknown said...

yay for focus...

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.