8.28.2009

Maybe this will interest you...

Okay, obviously no one but Connie (Mrs. K.) cares about my field trip to the Lawn Tennis and Cricket Club. I have some good stories about the place that aren't so positive, but I'm not going to tell them. I'll bet you're disappointed. Sorry.

Anyway, Connie tagged me on a little meme, so here goes:

Seven things you don't already know about me.

1. I love Woody Allen movies, and still watch them even though he is officially a perv. I also love Pee Wee Herman, another perv. I guess you could say I'm a huge fan of perverts.

2. Sometimes I think I'd like to be a hippie and live in a cabin, with lots of dogs (no duh!). I could knit and garden and commune with nature. Too bad my kids would never go along with that. (Although my husband would!) (It would have to be a nice cabin though, with heat and a washer/dryer.)

3. I've never officially felt like a "grown up" even though I'm 44 years old.

4. I'm trying really hard not to label people when I see them. I know we all do it, but it's a really bad thing to do.

5. One of my old friends recently posted some really shocking pictures on Facebook. He removed them pretty quickly, but I was floored when I saw them.

6. I never dreamed of having a big wedding or wearing a wedding gown, but I am so glad Brad and I had one. I loved my dress and everything about that day. It was incredible to have all the people we love gathered together for a really fun party!

7. I am really close with all my nieces and nephews and love them like they were my own children. I used to be the "fun aunt" before I had kids and they would jump up and down when I would come to visit. I would take them to Chuck E. Cheese (back in the day when I looked forward to going there.) and buy them fun toys. We still have so much fun together and they come visit all the time.


If you need some material, you are tagged! Make sure you let me know if you do it.

Smooches.


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Thanks for the comment -- that is HILARIOUS about your reunion. And yes, I forgot to mention that -- in addition to being quite puffy, the guys were also quite balding...! Love that meme -- I'm definitely guilty of instantly labeling people...perhaps I should work on that too :)

Suburban prep said...

I wonder why I don't feel like I am a grown-up and on the 10th I'll be 46. I know where you are coming from.

fun game--people watch and label.

Anonymous said...

well since i cared about your tennis you need to describe what photos you saw...dish!

Anonymous said...

I sometimes forget that I am a "grown up", even though I do not feel like it, either.

So, did you leave a comment on FB like, "Nice photos Bob!"?

Anonymous said...

i know how you feel about the private club "envy"--I have it too. We belong to a pool club, but it's a far cry from the country club.

Dr Zibbs said...

I love the early Woody A movies like Take the Money and Run and Bananas.

Unknown said...

Hey, I've never felt like a "grown up" either. I'll be 40 on Sept. 23.

Jill said...

Now honestly, I never would have guess the whole hippie/cabin thing about you. You might need those COACH sunglasses, though, since you'd be spending so much time out of doors.

Katie Ryan said...

You piqued my interest on the facebook pictures.
I wish I had had a wedding. I didn't.
And I wonder when I'm going to feel grown up.

linda said...

Ohhh, please dish about the club! And how about a re-cap of Real Housewives of NJ?

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.