8.06.2009

Nurturer in Training

Meet bebe Gloton!

gluton1

A doll manufactured by a Spanish toy company is inspiring a strong reaction in mothers here in the U.S. The doll, called “Bebé Glotón” (Glutton Baby), comes with an apron-like halter top for young girls to wear. The top features two daisies in the nipple area. When the doll’s mouth is pressed against the nippleflowers, it begins to make suckling motions and sounds. As an added bonus, the doll can be burped after it is done feeding.


Here's bebe Gloton in action:







I'll admit, I think my 6 year old would actually like this. I nursed her until she was 15 months old and I think she still misses it. (Yeah, I know, National Geographic right?)

Of course I laughed when I first saw this...but what do you think? Should women wait until they actually give birth and lactate before they nurse a baby (robotic or otherwise)?


I'll be heading to New Hampshire for the weekend, so we'll talk more when I get back.




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many little girls probably pretend to nurse their dolls, especially if their moms are nursing younger siblings. But I sort of find the halter top concept creepy. Can't they just hold the doll close and pretend, without the daisy pasties (lol)?

Anonymous said...

I am speechless. And disgusted. Ewwww.

PaperCourt said...

Ewwww!

Constant Frivolity said...

Please tell me this is some kind of joke!

Seriously, your eclectic posts never cease to amaze... keepm 'em comin'

Aunt Becky said...

That is the strangest thing I have ever seen.

Holly said...

That is kind of cute, but also kind of weird. I don't know that I'd give that doll to my child.

Jaina said...

I understand the concept, but really? Is this necessary?

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.