3.30.2010

Scratching the Itch


A while back I did a post about some of the soap opera drama and hanky panky that goes down in my town. We had a rash of affairs between people and lots of divorces a couple of years back.

I call my part of town the divorce neighborhood, because the CHEATERS get to live here when their marriage breaks up. The BETRAYED usually get to stay in the big house.

I went out on St. Patrick's Day with a bunch of my friends to a local Irish Bar, and lo and behold...the place was hopping with horny middle aged married people looking to get a little "strange."

Granted, it was good for my ego, men were buying me drinks and offering me bar stools, it was kind of fun, but I kept it in perspective and stayed with my girl friends. I'm a married woman, and I'm not "going there."

I saw alot of weird flirtation going on between people who were married to OTHER people. It was freaky. One of my friends who was with me gave me an earful of juicy gossip about some of the people I was observing. I was floored!!

Ongoing affairs between people who's children are friends, jealousy, fist fights, you name it...it's like an episode of "Desperate Housewives" right here in my little town. Ewww.

When I got home, my husband and I talked about it. We both totally get it. We all want to feel the thrill and excitement of a new romance and it is flattering to have someone attractive show an interest in you, but come on people, control yourselves!!! You have kids!! What's the deal with these ongoing, serial affairs? If you hate your spouse that much, get a divorce, or a blow up doll!

This is the kind of stuff that gets people murdered. Jealousy and humiliation can make people do crazy things. And there is no way the children don't pick up on the vibe when their parents are behaving this way.

Maybe this stuff is just gossip, which is why I refuse to talk about it to anyone else in town. Sure I listened. It was fascinating, and hopefully it's not true. Unfortunately, I think it is.

I might be naive, but I totally trust my husband and he trusts me. But I can tell you this, if I have a friend who confides in me that she's having an affair, she's toast.

As the old Proverb states, "if you lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas."

I think my town needs an exterminator.



8 comments:

Bossy Betty said...

Perhaps you should carry a can of Raid in your purse and make your own personal statement when the situation arises. It will make you very popular.

Mama Wheaton said...

I think society tells people that you can always do better and that sex/passions is the norm and should be constant in your life regardless of any real situations going on and if you can't get it at home go elsewhere.

Linda S said...

dude, what Mama Wheaton said. spot on!

Sandra said...

I guess there is that point of startling realizations that all of us experience. I am still stunned and shocked speechless at some of the hanky panky that takes place - I keep saying I'm not gonna be shocked anymore, and then I hear a story to trump the last one. So sad.

The 5 Bickies said...

This kind of "crazy" boggles my mind! I love the RAID suggestion!

Karen MEG said...

Middle aged crazy all right.

At least you got some free drinks out of the deal anyway. But it is disturbing when people act on these things, especially when kids are involved.

Jaina said...

Definitely sounds like a tv drama. I've never understood people who could cheat. I happen to like Bossy Betty's idea :)

Tony Heywood said...

I have been on the wrong end of an affair before but I lost out on the kids and the house. Guess I should have got some good legal advice and not just the first one in the phone book.

Divorce Solicitors London.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.