9.16.2009

STAYCATION!


My hardworking husband has decided to take a few days of rest before heading out on a business trip, so we have been having a little "staycation!"

Yesterday, we hit the beaches of Bay Head NJ, had a lovely lunch and got back home in time to pick the girls up from school.

Today, we chilled at home and then went to see a movie (We saw "Extract" with Jason Bateman and Ben Affleck-loved it...)

Tomorrow, we drop the girls at school and head into NYC for a little day trip.

I feel like I'm playing hooky from school, only I don't have to worry about the forging a note or having a truant officer show up at my house. (Which did indeed happen when I was in high school, but that's a whole 'nother post.)

Who knows what Friday will bring...a trip shoe shopping? A ride on the roller coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure? Holding hands and running through a field of wild flowers?

I guess I'll just have to wait.

You just never know what will happen when you're on STAYCATION.


8 comments:

Formerly known as Frau said...

Sounds fun....what happens in Staycation stay in Staycation or something like that!!

Paula@SweetPea said...

Have fun on your staycation! I'd give anything to have a few days off.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun - enjoy.

Oh, and if you have a husband who will go shoe shopping with you - you are luckier than you know!

Anonymous said...

How fun!! We love doing day trips -- so easy to get away, and you don't even have to pack :) LOVE the graphic!!!!!

Unknown said...

Enjoy your stacation! sounds fun so far!!

Jaina said...

Sounds great! Enjoy!

Alexis Black said...

Is that my brother relaxing? Unheard of! I love it!

Jersey Girl Cooks said...

Sounds like fun! Love the postcard:)

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.