8.26.2008

Tennis Tuesday-Just what I need, another distraction!!



The US Open is in full swing (pun intended) and I'm having a hard time staying away from the TV. USA network has about 9 hours of coverage a day! That's pretty hard to resist.




It would be even better if I could go see it live, but there are about 800 factors which prevent me from doing so, including 2 kids, a ton of prep before school starts and the fact that decent tickets cost an arm and a leg!


Catherine was BEGGING to go hit tennis balls today, so I took her out and she is a natural. She just turned 5, so if we keep working, I'll have an in-house tennis buddy in a few years!


The summer is my slowest time tennis-wise, and I am counting the days until my leagues start up in the fall. I am so desperate to play that I even miss the tennis psychos from my spring team.

Tennis is the only form of exercise I get other than vacuuming, folding laundry and cleaning out the litter box and I need it desperately. It puts me in such a better mood when I play.

So I'll count the minutes until September 8th and keep myself busy with school shopping, haircuts, new school orientation and general motherly duties.
There's alot of work to be done.
If I can only stay away from the TV, and the drama of the US Open...


8 comments:

Katie Ryan said...

Just wait until you get her old enough to hit balls with you. It is so much fun! Of course, I started losing to my teenager around age 11, and it's been nothing but frustration.

MarĂ­a said...

Hey - crazy question that I decided to bring to the master of all things tennis:

Whatever happened to that cutie Andy Roddick?

Anonymous said...

I am so with you sista! Keep on doing your chores and you can watch the Open tonight!

Anonymous said...

Talk about drama! did you see Safin (a total babe) play today? I only got a little bit.. it was filled with drama and horrible calls. No one will play with me here. Not that I am in playing form. Stupid shoulder. Cross your fingers for a good, GREAT report on Tuesday... one more week, one more week. I am hoping!!!!!!!!! Glad you have a tennis buddy at your house!

Unknown said...

I'm loving the US Open, too! I was up until 12:30 am watching Blake play last night - yikes!

I can't wait until my fall league starts, too!

Anonymous said...

my racquet is a Volki something or other...and of course I own a wilson hammerhead racquet which is great to get aggression out- very powerful!

Anonymous said...

The US Open is small potatoes next to the DNC! Now there is some drama!

Katie Ryan said...

Hey, I left you an award, so go pick it up.

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.