8.21.2008

Bloggin' on the road!


I couldn't wait to write about this, so hubby was kind enough to let me use his laptop for 5 minutes.

On our way back from SU we decided to check out the NY State Fair. Now I've been to some fairs in my day, but this one takes the cake!

NOT the place to be when you're on a diet.

I kid you not, they sold DEEP FRIED TWINKIES!!! Now I love me some junk food as much as the next girl, but DEEP FRIED TWINKIES!!! Sounds like cellulite and a heart attack all rolled into one sugar laden fat soaked ball of lard. Ewww.

I did partake in a caramel and peanut covered apple, a Sangria Slushie, pizza, funnel cake and and Rainbow Dippin' Dots . Needless to say, I didn't go on any rides. I don't even want to think about how ugly a trip on the Himalayan would be after my chow fest.

I have some pictures that I HAVE to post when I get home. They had a Freak Show complete with a three eyed man, mule faced woman, elephant skinned baby, snake lady, and Siamese twins. Once again, I passed on that tempting spectacle. After all, I worked in New York City for 7 years. Why would I pay to see that stuff now, when I used to see it every day on the subway ABSOLUTELY FREE!

The only real letdown was when we were too late to catch the pig races at the main stadium. I was really looking forward to that! Come to think of it, we missed the Butter Sculpture display! Damn!!! I heard they had an amazing rendering of Michelangelo's "David" made completely out of Land O' Lakes!

All in all it was a day full of fine cuisine and culture. We're all class here at Caffeine Court.

Now I have to give Brad back the computer, thanks for listening!


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh you should've tried the deep fried twinkie! it's good! and deep fried oreos, and deep fries cookie dough! Yum! How often do you get the chance for such cuisine? A nearby city has the 2nd largest street fair in the US every fall and it is known for its eclectic fair food. saurkraut balls (sooo good!), brain sandwiches (yes, brains), chocolate covered bugs, deep fried everything, and more. I don't eat the bugs, and haven't tried the brains, but maybe someday I'll get brave (or stupid) and try them.

Unknown said...

Good lord woman!! I'm starving!!

Katie Ryan said...

I did eat way too much at a fair last year and then get on a ride with the kiddies! Thank goodness I didn't embarrass myself or my kids, but I SURE DIDN'T FEEL GOOD. I was gripping the handle with my eyes closed praying it would be a short ride.

Far From Perfect said...

Have not been to the State Fair in years... Heard they had a Riding Lawm mower Demo Derby-sorry I missed that!

sltbee69 said...

Wow! I can't believe in today's politically correct society that they actually still have Freak shows at the fairs! Your comment cracked me up about seeing the freaks for free on the NY subway. What a hoot! Hooray for all that nummy junk food! The way I look at it - as long as you aren't consuming that deep fried heart attack stuff daily, enjoy!

Jill said...

Never thought I'd read "deep freid", "freak show" and "pig races" all in one post about something in New York! hee-hee. I love fairs, any kind/any form. Sounds like a great time.

ShannanB said...

I LOVE FAIR FOOD. There is nothing better than a "Walking Taco." They take a small bag of fritos, poor in chili and top with sour cream and shredded cheese.

It's amazing!

linda said...

So funny ( and true) about NY subways...I've always meant to drive up to the NY fair....maybe next year.

Rickrack and Pompoms said...

Oh, it sounds like you had a great adventure, what good memories.

Anonymous said...

I was kinda hoping you'd tried the Twinkie, I've always been afraid to - it's bad enough that I've been craving funnel cake.

MommyTime said...

Ohh, I can't wait to see the pictures. And pig races??!? How great would that be. I can't wait till our State Fair next weekend.

Linda S said...

I've tried oreos but not twinkies...the oreos are to die for! I'm raiding the pantry now...glad you are having a ball!

Mary Beth said...

Hi, I love reading your blog and I have given you an award! Please see my blog for details.

MB

kolls said...

Deep-fried Ring Dings=so much better!!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.