8.25.2008

A Party Girl in Training...

We're back from vacation and I'm mired in the "back from vacation and school starts next week" zone...so I'll just tell a short little anecdote.

As I mentioned earlier, I attended Syracuse University my Freshman and Sophomore years. Since we were in the area, I took the family to see the campus and my sorority house. (Tri-Delt.)

The next day we cruised to Ithaca to have breakfast and walk around Cornell.

Cornell's campus is absolutely beautiful. My husband kept telling my daughters "if you study hard, you could go to college here!"

I commented that the students at Cornell looked so much more studious than the ones at SU. I said to my husband "at Syracuse it was all about the parties and shopping!!"

My eight year old daughter heard that and didn't miss a beat..."It is? Than I'm going to Syracuse!!!"

What can I say, she's her mother's daughter.


8 comments:

Petunia said...

LOL! Who can blame her? Parties and shopping sound good to me anyday! ;-)

Putting the FUN in DysFUNctional said...

She has her priorities straight already!

Far From Perfect said...

Start saving your money Mom....

Linda S said...

Adorable story! I left something for you on my blog!

ShelbyAnne said...

Hilarious! Gotta get 'em started young!

Anonymous said...

My youngest son said he's only going to college FOR the parties;) LOL I figure if that gets him in, hey....do whatever it takes, right? LOL

Anonymous said...

Two words HOME SCHOOLING.

Tickled Pink And Green said...

LOL! Too funny.

Delta Delta Delta, Can I hep ya, hep ya, hep ya?

(Saturday Night Live)....

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.