2.12.2010

There's no place like home...

Thanks to Wednesday's blizzard we got to spend an extra day in Florida with my folks, which was fine with me!!

My poor little pedicure and spray tan stayed buried under jeans, boots and a fleece most of our visit, but it was still awesome.

I've never lived in the south, but I've gotta tell you. All those palm trees and sun, even in the cold, were mighty appealing.

I was loving taking long walks, hitting tennis balls and all that southern hospitality.

I even tried my first taste of deep fried gator. Not as yummy as Nutella, but interesting nonetheless.

Now the girls are out front with the neighborhood kids, building a snowman in the deep, deep snow and here I sit, surrounded by suitcases just waiting to be unpacked, and AS USUAL, I don't feel like dealing with it! As a diversion, I did something I haven't done in years...I watched some soaps. "All My Children", "One Life to Live" and "General Hospital. " (In bits and pieces of course.)

Shocking!!

Even the kids on the shows look like they've had "work" done on their faces. I guess the new HDTV is making everyone on TV paranoid.

Enough is enough though. I've got to tear myself away from Jason, Nicholas and Sonny and deal with laundry, vacuuming and groceries.

Goodbye Florida, farewell Pine Valley, ciao Llanview, and adios Port Charles.

Back to reality.



5 comments:

Jaina said...

Welcome home. I hope you stay warm!

Grace's Mom said...

Deep fried gator? I think I'll pass on that one.

I'm starting to save my pennies for trip to Florida in a year or two! I have GOT to get to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios! :)

Jill said...

Yeah for the deep south....though not as deep as Florida. And I just got done building a snowman, too! Welcome home. Sorry about the laundry.

Anonymous said...

Yay for an extra day in FL! Glad you made it home safe and sound.

Bossy Betty said...

Welcome Home! Summer is on its way. (Really, it is!)

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.