2.04.2010

Snow, Snow, GO AWAY!!!

We are heading to Florida on Friday, so I have also been busy packing, making arrangements for the dogs and primping myself.

Now, thanks to the snow storm forecast for the East Coast, I have been checking the weather forecast every 15 minutes in addition to all my other responsibilities. I've been attempting to channel my inner Buddhist and chill. Whatever will be will be.

(BUT IF I'M STUCK IN SNOWY JERSEY WHEN I SHOULD BE PLAYING TENNIS IN 70 DEGREE WEATHER, I'LL BE ONE CRANKY MOTHER.)

So, I'm preparing as if I'm departing tomorrow.

Yesterday I had my first pedicure in over 4 months. The poor girl spent about an hour scraping my heels. The sweat was dripping down her head while I sat on my massaging chair pompously reading an US Magazine. I tipped her very generously for taking on that very unpleasant task.

Tomorrow morning, I get my first spray tan in a long, long, time. I gave it up a few months ago after my sisters had a "spray tan intervention" and told me I looked orange.

I'm going to a new place where all the ladies "in the know" tell me I will be transformed from pasty white pale face to hot bronzed goddess, all for the low, low, price of $39.

After I get hot looking I will load up the minivan with golf clubs, tennis rackets and suitcases, pick up the girls from school and cruise on up the turnpike to the Newark International Airport, where, God willing, our Jet Blue flight will depart at 7 PM sharp.

Pray for us...and I'll catch y'all next week.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip! I hope the weather cooperates, too.

Bossy Betty said...

Good Luck! I hope all goes well and you find yourself in sunshine very soon!

Sandra said...

Have a great time!! I'll miss your posts! Bring me back some sunshine. ;-) Fingers crossed for the flights to be departing ON TIME. xoxo

PaperCourt said...

Have fun in FL. We're headed there the week after next.

Lipstick said...

Have fun!!!! Hearing about your pedi makes me think about how my feet are well...winter-ish.

Anonymous said...

dude! what part!!?!?!?!

Bridget said...

Have fun - I hope you are heading south in calm skies long before the storm!

I never know WHAT to do with myself while getting a pedicure so I usually read the magazines too but I'm not "really" reading, mostly fretting. I''m a nerd! A nerd with gross feet ;)

Have a great trip!

Heather Henderson said...

good luck at the airport - have fun!!

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip - hopefully you will escape before the snowstorm gets brutal down there in NJ. Enjoy sunny FL & sport some sandals with those freshly scrubbed tootsies!!

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

Layover in ATL?

Tara R. said...

I hope your Florida vacation is awesome and you get that sunshine and warm temps you've been missing.

Kelly said...

My first visit to your blog. Love it!

Kim said...

You escaped! Enjoy!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.