5.13.2009

Taking a time out from the chaos.


Holy hell. It's been an exhausting couple of weeks.


I sit here surrounded by a mess of a house absolutely LOVING getting back to my blog.





Here are some things I've learned this week.

1. Penguins sometimes mate in the "missionary position" beak to beak. It's quite romantic.

2. Working on fundraisers is for the very wealthy or super organized. Those of us who are neither will have everything in their home in complete disarray during the period in which their lives are dedicated to procuring donations, cataloging them and making up pretty baskets. So don't be thinking you're so cool Jill Zarin. Try running a fundraiser without a lackey doing all your laundry and cleaning your toilets. I DOUBLE DOG DARE you!!!


3. Wicker and/or rattan furniture is expensive as hell. So are nice cushions.

4. When you let the cleaning lady you've had for 8 years go, she will be VERY sad. And so will you.

5. It's amazing the difference having a nice USTA team tennis captain makes. No stress, no tension, no mind games, no gossip. Weird. In a good way.

Okay, that's all I've got. I can't write about "The Real Housewives of NYC Reunion" OR the premiere of "The Real Housewives on NJ."

Why?

Because I fell sound asleep last night after eating my birthday cake. Getting older has that effect on me.


11 comments:

linda said...

Happy Birthday! May 12 is my daughter's b-day!

justme said...

drink your green juice

preppyplayer said...

Happy Birthday!
I am captain every 8 to 10 years and then I remember why no one in their right mind can do it well. Is your current captain medicated?
You know I'm joking... kinda.

Formerly known as Frau said...

Happy belated birthday!! And ya how is the green juice working out?

Dr Zibbs said...

Jill, you've been mentioned on my blog.

Katiellirb said...

Happy Birthday and welcome back to blogging!

Melissa @ I Pick Pretty said...

Happy birthday!

I would say "been there, done that" to this post, except for the penguin bit. Those fundraisers can be a bear; I haven't chaired one yet, but just being a committee lackey was enough to merit (if not actually get, sadly) my own maid and butler.

diane said...

Wait a minute, you had a cleaning lady for 8 years!?! crap.

Jaina said...

Happy belated birthday! I hope things calm down for you and you get to have a relaxed, enjoyable weekend.

Shawn said...

Oh...someone who knows the power of a Double Dog Dare! I bow before you.

Cindy said...

I hear you on the fundraising. I've chaired three auctions at our school. The first one, I had to file for a tax exemption. This last one, I got the taxes done but totally neglected my family. I'M DONE!!

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.