5.29.2009

I did the best I could...

My dreaded tennis match is over. I didn't get lucky. My opponent had two very good hands. She wasn't grossly overweight and it appears she had 20/20 vision. She was in perfect health. All that and she was an amazing tennis player to boot.

To say I was intimidated would be an understatement. But I held it together and gave her quite a battle. I made her earn every point and I played the best tennis of my life.

In the end, I was defeated 6-4, 3-6, 2-6.

I can't be to hard on myself because I fought as hard as I could from start to finish.

She was just better than me.

Do I think back and wonder why I didn't hit more shots to her forehand or rush net a little more? Sure I do. But I'm still proud of myself. If I were one of my own mom I'd take me out for ice cream and pat myself on the back for a job well done.

After all, it's not whether you win or lose...it's how you play the game.

Isn't that what all the losers say? ;)



8 comments:

Lis said...

Good for you for doing your best!! And no, that's not just things losers say!! Seriously at least you were out there playing!!

You should totally take yourself out for ice cream!!! :)

The 5 Bickies said...

I'm going to go eat ice cream for you!

Well done...sorry it wasn't a winning score but it sounds like you played a great match.

I too played well today but not well enough to win. It was a very fun match and my opponent and I enjoyed our game completely. Someone has to win and someone has to lose...I was just the loser this time. You could still woop my you know what!

Anonymous said...

well I had a cosmo AND a cupcake for you today! how's that! :)

you did great...I'm bracing myself for tomorrow...I went to a clinic today and I never had so much sweat pouring off of me- it was THAT hot out here this morning...my shirt has never been completely and thoroughly soaked and today it was.

Anonymous said...

You can't win them all, I guess. But if you gave her a run for her money, that's what matters.

Sandra said...

You.Are.A.Rock.Star!!

Formerly known as Frau said...

I think they also say winning isn't everything! Sounds like you gave her hell. Have a great weekend.

preppyplayer said...

OK, this is what I tell my tennis partner, " It's not that we were so bad, they were so good."
Sometimes you just have to say, "nice win." and VOW to get them next time!
At least in singles you can't blame your partner or be blamed for the loss...

Jaina said...

That's what all good sports say ;) I think you deserve to go out for an ice cream :)

 
Website Content and Copy: Caffeine Court, 2007-8.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.